Due Date: October 15, 2019
Make An Application For VLIR-UOS scholarship to go to an International Training Program on “Sustainable Advancement and International Justice” (SUSTJUSTICE) run by the Law and Advancement Research Study Group of Antwerp University from 10 February to 30 April2020 SUSTJUSTICE is a full-time post-graduate certificate program that uses an extensive mentor program based upon the research study lines of the Law and Advancement Research Study Group.
The training combines a varied group of leading professionals from the North and South to present prominent functions of their disciplines, and to engage trainees in understanding and reviewing essential difficulties for sustainable advancement and international justice. The postgraduate program runs in combination with the Professors’s Master of Laws (LL.M).
VLIR-UOS supports the program with 12 scholarships for individuals from the international South.
- SUSTJUSTICE brings in legal representatives, scholars, and professionals of shown intellectual and scholastic quality from all over the world.
- The program registers impressive trainees representing nations from the North and the South with a broad range of backgrounds, legal interests and profession strategies.
You can just request an ITP scholarship if you satisfy the list below requirements:
- Citizenship and nation of house: A prospect needs to be both a nationwide and a local of among the 31 qualified nations(not always the very same nation) at the time of the application.
- Appropriate expert experience and an assistance letter: Top priority is offered to prospects who are used in scholastic organizations, research study institutes, federal governments, the social economy or NGOs, or to those who intend to have a profession in among these sectors. The training prospect need to have appropriate expert experience and an assistance letter validating (re) combination in an expert context where the gotten understanding and abilities will be right away relevant.
- Fungibility with other VLIR-UOS financing: Prospects who are operating at a university where we currently fund IUC, GROUP or SI tasks, can get an ITP-ICP scholarship if they plainly encourage the factor for their application and if they clarify why the involvement at the ICP or ITP program can not be moneyed as part of the IUC, GROUP or SI program or task funds that currently exist.
- Other VLIR-UOS scholarship applications and formerly granted scholarships: A prospective prospect can just send one scholarship application with us annually– irrespective of the scholarship type– and can, for that reason, just be chosen for one VLIR-UOS scholarship every year. Prospects who currently got among our scholarships to take part in another ITP, will not be qualified. Prospects who currently got among our scholarship to take part in an ICP ( or vice versa) can just be chosen if the formerly gone to course is thematically connected to the ITP.
- SUSTJUSTICE is a post-graduate level program and the conclusion of bachelor-level education is an entry requirement
- Individuals will be chosen on the basis of their previous and present research studies or practice( vouching for a standard understanding of human rights and global law) in addition to their showed interest as confirmed by a individual declaration of inspiration dealing with how they imagine the ITP to affect their expert life, profession advancement in addition to their present organization and the societies in which they live.
- The candidates will likewise be asked to offer a recommendation letter from their present or previous organization.
- Scholarship candidates need to be used at the time of choice and will be asked to offer an evidence of work and a letter from their present company validating re-integration in an expert context after the conclusion of the program.
- Because the program is taught in English, all candidates need to have the ability to check out with ease, follow lectures and reveal their ideas in proficient composed and spoken English. For trainees whose mother tongue is not English, either of the following certifications will satisfy the English language requirement for entry to the program *:
- Test Ratings: TOEFL( Test of English as a Foreign Language): paper-based TOEFL level of minimum 550, or a computer-based TOEFL level of minimum 213, or an internet-based TOEFL level of minimum 79-80 or IELTS( International English Language Screening System): a minimum rating of a minimum of 6.5, and on each part minimum 6.0
- Evidence of Research Study: Sending evidence they have actually studied a minimum of one scholastic year (or 60 ECTS credits) in an English-language Bachelor or Master program. (In this case, the board of admission might still request for extra evidence of efficiency in English, shown by a language certificate)
- Typical European Structure of Recommendation for Languages ( CEFR): minimum B2.
* If your degree was provided by an acknowledged university in Belgium or the Netherlands, you are excused to offer proof of your level of English (TOEFL or evidence of research study).
For scholarship candidates, the due date for scholarship applications is 15 th October 2019( midnight, GMT +2)
For additional information, check out VLIR-UOS Scholarships