Due Date: October 1, 2019
Applications are open for the Vlisco Style Fund 2019 for Emerging Designers and Tailors The Vlisco Style Fund supports emerging designers and tailors in the procedure of developing a profession in style. They share understanding, admit to a broadened network, and assist emerging style skill with skill-strengthening and brand-development for their African style labels.
How the Competitors Functions
Picked candidates are welcomed for an interview and stitching test, after which 3 prospects are picked as finalists per nation classification. Those finalists are offered a task to finish, which is evaluated by a global panel of style specialists. 7 winners are picked, one from every nation classification: Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ivory Coast, DRC, Ghana, and ‘Global’ that includes the rest of Africa and the diaspora.
- Vlisco Style Fund winners get profession financing of EUR5000 to purchase brand-new devices, to assist fund the set-up of a studio, or to otherwise help with organisation development. Each winner will likewise be welcomed to take part in expert training workshops.
- Open to African designer, 20-30 years of age, residing in or outside Africa
- Candidates should have the ability to style and stitch their own clothing
- Download application after accepting the conditions
- Submit application by computer system, or by hand if needed
- Prepare a portfolio of max. 8 images
Send out total application and portfolio in one e-mail to [email protected]
For additional information, see Vlisco Style Fund