Due Date: October 3, 2018
The Voqal Fellowship 2019 is open for applications. Voqal thinks taking threats and explore originalities is essential to advance social modification. The Fellowship is a skill and innovation accelerator for change-makers and believed leaders who wish to release their next “concept” concentrated on increasing equity for those who are least well off politically, financially and/or socially.
Among the couple of early-stage fellowships, the Voqal Fellowship is created to increase equity and additional progressive, social justice-oriented causes. Suitable candidates will have a particular problem or obstacle they are seeking to attend to throughout their fellowship. Jobs can be broad in scope, or a basic tool that will assist fix a social injustice or result in progressive social modification.
The Voqal Fellowship is a financial investment in a brand-new generation of social business owners. Fellows get funds and mentoring to bring an early-stage concept to life. The Voqal Fellowship is a chance for early profession innovators to evaluate presumptions, research study target market and construct strong company strategies.
Voqal Fellows get a $30,000 stipend to finish a task in 6 months.
- Voqal Fellows will get a $30,000 stipend and will be anticipated to finish a task in 6 months.
- Qualifying fellows might likewise be qualified to get an extra stipend to assist balance out the expense of individual medical insurance.
- Fellows are coupled with a coach, an expert well developed in the fellow’s field who is offered to share his/her knowledge and supply assistance.
- Prospects should have three-to-five years of work experience and might not be presently registered in a graduate program.
- Prospects should be U.S. residents or have the ability to operate in the United States Voqal can not provide Visa sponsorship to Fellows.
- Prospects can not be presently registered in a full-time curriculum. The Fellowship is planned to supply a chance to construct out a concept or principle that would not be possible to achieve with a full-time task.
- The Fellowship is created for early profession experts dealing with an idea-stage task. Applications for jobs that belong to a recognized company or are well beyond the preliminary start-up duration will not be thought about for this fellowship.
- Prospects should have the ability to validate their identity and eligibility to operate in the United States and be based in the United States throughout of the fellowship.
- The Voqal Fellowship is created to additional progressive, social justice-oriented causes. Suitable candidates will have a particular problem or obstacle they wish to attend to throughout the Fellowship. Jobs can be broad in scope, or a basic tool that will assist fix a social injustice or result in progressive social modification.
If you want social justice, progressive politics or transformative media and innovation, this program is for you. Here are a couple of (however not all) kinds of jobs Fellows might pursue:
- Mobile Apps
- Media Products
- Details Gain Access To
- Tools for Wrangling Big Datasets
- Software Application for Social Modification Agents
Right After the Fellowship is granted, Fellows should send an action strategy, consisting of a task timeline with unique turning points. Fellows should deal with these 6 months as a sabbatical and avoid full-time work. All Fellows should send an end product that summarizes their work as soon as the Fellowship ends.
Voqal Fellows should participate in an in-person orientation and a wrap-up conference. The orientation remains in February in Denver and the wrap-up conference is at the yearly Netroots Country conference in August (place differs each year). Voqal will cover travel costs in addition to the Fellowship stipend.
Required assistance completing your applications? Click On This Link for a Voqal Fellowship Application Guide, consisting of a sneak peek of application concerns and a detailed guide for submission.
For more details, check out Voqal Fellowship