Deadline: June 21, 2020
Applications are open for the Waislitz Global Citizen Awards 2020. The Waislitz Global Citizen Awards are annual cash prizes that recognize the excellence of individuals in their work to end extreme poverty.
The awards are presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen, and in 2020 are supported by the leading US and Australian based cellular medicines company, Mesoblast Ltd and global fund management group Paradice Investment Management Pty Ltd.
The Waislitz foundation exists to create a positive social impact locally and globally through innovative projects that empower individuals to meet their full potential and make a measurable difference to the world.
This 2020 Waislitz Global Citizen Awards feature four awards totaling $250,000.
- Waislitz Global Citizen Award (Grand Prize): $100,000
- The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award: $50,000
- The Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award: $50,000
- The Waislitz Global Citizen COVID-19 Response Award: $50,000
In addition to the cash prizes, the four winners will be profiled in editorial pieces that will be featured on the Global Citizen platform and social media.
- Entrants should be aged eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Applicants from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply for the awards.
- Nominations are not allowed. Applicants must apply for the awards themselves.
- The awards are for individuals or individual representatives of organizations. The prize will be awarded to an individual, but the money will be allocated to the organization that the individual works for.
All applicants will be evaluated based on individual merit, including the following five key areas:
- Global Citizenship: How does the applicant embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- Proof of Concept: Does the applicant have a strong proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of impact towards ending extreme poverty?
- Disrupption: Has the applicant created measurable impact in an innovative manner that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist?
- Scalability: How would this award enable/support the applicant to scale or improve their work?
- Adaptability: Can the applicant demonstrate examples of their ability to adapt and evolve to changing conditions?
If you have any questions that are not answered on the awards’ information page or in the FAQs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 11:59pm EDT
For more information, visit Waislitz Global Citizen Awards.