Deadline: January 31, 2021
Applications for the Walter Reuter German Journalism Award 2020 are now open. This is an award for Mexican and Latin American journalists who publish in Mexican media. Journalism professionals who publish in print, on radio, on television or on the Internet can participate.
It is an effort in which, for the first time in history, nine German institutions with very different interests and jobs come together to promote freedom of expression and to recognize quality journalistic activity in Mexico. This award is intended to further encourage journalists to treat current issues with professionalism and depth.
The Walter Reuter German Journalism Award has three categories:
- Written Press
- Radio, Television and Multimedia
- Photography and Caricature
Each category will be awarded independently, that is, there will be 3 first places for each of them. In addition, it is necessary to mention that a single award will be given for winning work.
The prizes will consist of:
- 1st place: 20,000 Mexican Pesos, an all-expenses-paid trip to Germany and a 10-week German course.
- 2nd place: 10,000 Mexican Pesos.
- 3rd place: 5,000 Mexican Pesos.
- Open to Mexican journalists and Latin American journalists living in Mexico.
- Applications must have been published between January 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021 in Mexican media or foreign Spanish-language media published in Mexico.
- The works of this fourteenth edition (2020) must be related to the thematic axis “Inequality, Violence and Poverty in times of Coronavirus”.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of three works, but can only win a prize with one of them.
- In the case of works produced by a group of journalists, whoever registers it assumes the obligation to mention all the authors of the work. It should be noted that if the work is the winner, it will receive a single award. Whoever registers the work must specify how the award will be distributed among its authors.
Applicants should click on the category they wish to apply for: