Application Due Date: 12 April 2019, 11: 59 pm, Main African Time (FELINE).
The Maathai Effect Award motivates and acknowledges work by African innovators that reveals impactful application of artificial intelligence and expert system.
This award enhances the tradition.
of Wangari Maathai in acknowledging the capability of people to be a.
favorable force for modification: by acknowledging concepts and efforts that.
show that each people, no matter how little, can make a distinction.
The award will exist at the yearly Deep Knowing Indaba in August2019 We invite applications from people, groups and organisations themselves, or elections by 3rd parties.
In collaboration with Black in AI, the winner will get a fully-sponsored journey to go to NeurIPS 2019 and the Black in AI workshop, co-located with NeurIPS, in December2019 The winner will likewise be welcomed to speak at the Deep Knowing Indaba in Nairobi in August 2019, and get a prize money of KES 70,000
- The award is open to people, groups, or organisations.
- The Awards Committee thinks about impactful work to be broadly specified as any work– technological, social, or financial– that has actually had, or has the prospective to favorably change our African societies. There are numerous methods to have effect, and we hope that those who will send nominations/self-nominations will be generous and imaginative in their judgement of the term ‘development’.
- Examples might consist of:
- A term paper that reveals crucial outcomes utilizing maker discovering to resolve crucial issues that resolve food security.
- The work of an African start-up utilizing artificial intelligence, whose work is set to have favorable effect or show technical quality in their focus location.
- A person who has actually revealed a performance history of empowering people and groups impacted or included with artificial intelligence.
- Federal government companies or people contributing favorably to the policy and society discussions around artificial intelligence and expert system.
- A non-profit organisation that empowers innovators through abilities advancement or mentoring.
- A recognized service that has actually released artificial intelligence in an ingenious method to favorably affect their service and client experience.
- Elections can be sent out by anybody, consisting of people and organisations themselves.
- Elections are invited from any African nation.
- All supporting letters need to remain in English (or a translation provided).
will be examined to evaluate the breadth of prospective effect they have.
had, their function in strengthening African artificial intelligence and synthetic.
intelligence, and the strength of the supporting letters.
- Election is made by finishing an online election kind,.
that includes information of the impactful work and the required contact.
information. For any teams/organisations, a primary contact must be.
- 2 supporting letters that.
explains the nature of the impactful work, why it is thought about to be.
impactful, and in what method the chosen prospect( s)/ organisation.
reinforces African artificial intelligence, and any other appropriate.
info. Letter authors can be from anybody knowledgeable about the.
impactful work. Letters need to be 600 words at a lot of, and be sent.
utilizing the online kind
To Learn More: