Due Date: October 9, 2019
Applications for the Washington Post Newsroom Summertime Internship Program 2020 are now open. The Washington Post welcomes college junior, senior or college student to come be a press reporter, professional photographer, videographer, multiplatform editor or manufacturer, news or digital designer, graphics press reporter or designer, social networks manufacturers and audio manufacturers.
Interns report and compose short articles, modify copy, take photos, shoot and modify video, develop graphics and style on several platforms. Washington Post interns have actually gone on to win Pulitzer Prizes, and when it comes to Leonard Downie Jr., to end up being managing editor.
The Post was established in 1877 and owned by the Meyer-Graham household from 1933 to 2013, when Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos purchased the business. The Post has actually won more than 60 Pulitizer Prizes and has more than tripled its digital audience given that Bezos purchased it.
- Reporters: Clear, succinct, energetic writing is extremely valued. Traditional protection of news occasions need to be shown, however a greater worth is put upon business reporting that reveals imaginative, innovative or investigative abilities. Composing for the web is likewise extremely valued. Please suggest your reporting task choice: General Assignments (consists of National and Health & Science areas), Foreign (tasks will remain in the Washington newsroom), Arts, Home Entertainment and Culture, Resident, Sports or Editorial (will be designated to the Viewpoints area). No greater than 3 clips.
- Visual Reporters: For digital professional photographers, prospects need to excel in Photoshop CS, image management software application, and Mac and PC platforms. Your application should consist of a portfolio. Videographers need to excel in all elements of digital video/audio and modifying software application, consisting of Last Cut Pro or Adobe Best. Experience with voiceover narrative and HTML is practical. Needed portfolio should be connected. Please suggest your task choice: Photography or Video.
- Multiplatform Editors: Effective editors need to have the ability to modify for several platforms, composing headings that are customized for print and digital audiences. Editors need to likewise have an eager understanding of design, grammar and syntax, and need to have the ability to modify for clearness. We likewise worth editors who can find issues in stories and deal with others to make them much better. Composing captions for image galleries, proofing pages and the capability to work calmly under extreme due dates are likewise requirements, as is strong news judgment. Consist of approximately 6 examples of news or function stories you have actually modified, ideally submits that consist of a heading and caption( s) for web or print.
- Multiplatform Producers: The manufacturer will be accountable for upgrading the web and mobile websites with fresh material and ensuring short article pages have vital web components. They are searching for interns with strong news judgment, the capability to compose wise headings and blurbs and experience at product packaging web stories, image galleries and videos. A perfect prospect likewise will be proficient at evaluating traffic information and web patterns, comprehending seo, be a fast and reliable issue solver and have the ability to rapidly find out to utilize brand-new web publishing tools.
- Social Network Producers: The manufacturers cultivate appealing and helpful discussion on washingtonpost.com and social networks platforms consisting of newsletters. They are searching for trainees who have a capability to recognize and take part in online neighborhoods, huge and little. Familiarity with web publishing and standard HTML is needed. Please send out a minimum of one sample of an online conversation you have actually led and consist of links to your individual social networks deals with and/or accounts you have actually handled. The most effective prospects live and breathe the Web and can compose well, too.
- Audio Producers: The manufacturer assists record, compose and modify audio stories for long-form and short-form podcasts, and works collaboratively with press reporters and editors to discover and bring to life Post reporting. The perfect prospect has a background in sound style, audio production or both. Their manufacturers integrate conventional journalistic abilities with imaginative methods to informing stories through noise. They likewise value a manufacturer who brings imaginative methods to promo and community-building. Efficiency in either Adobe Audition or Pro Tools is needed. Please consist of 3 links to audio clips with your application.
- Internship is a paid position. For summertime 2019, the wage was USD 750 each week.
- You need to be a college junior, senior or college student registered in a degree program by the application deadline date;-LRB- **************).
- You need to have had at least one expert news media task or internship;-LRB- **************).
- Foreign people can get internships. All work samples need to be sent in English. If chosen, the required documents for getting the correct U.S work visa need to be supplied.
Total the online application in contemporary internet browsers such Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari. Please connect all pertinent products, consisting of résumé, work samples and autobiographical essay.
To find out more, see Washington Post internship