Due Date: October 12, 2018
Applications for the Washington Post Paid Summertime Internship Program 2019 are now open. The Washington Post welcomes college junior, senior or college student to come be a press reporter, professional photographer, videographer, multiplatform editor or manufacturer, news or digital designer, graphics press reporter or designer, or social networks manufacturer.
Interns report and compose short articles, modify copy, take photos, shoot and modify video, develop graphics and style on several platforms. Washington Post interns have actually gone on to win Pulitzer Prizes, and when it comes to Leonard Downie Jr., to end up being managing editor.
The Post was established in 1877 and owned by the Meyer-Graham household from 1933 to 2013, when Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos purchased the business. The Post has actually won more than 60 Pulitizer Prizes and has more than tripled its digital audience given that Bezos purchased it.
Interns will have the following functions:
- Reporters: Clear, succinct, energetic writing is extremely valued. Traditional protection of news occasions must be shown, however a greater worth is put upon business reporting that reveals imaginative, innovative or investigative abilities. Composing for the web is likewise extremely valued. Please suggest your reporting project choice: General Assignments (consists of nationwide and health/science), Foreign (projects would remain in the Washington newsroom), Arts, Home Entertainment and Culture, Resident, Sports or Editorial. No greater than 3 clips.
- Visual Reporters: For digital professional photographers, prospects should excel in Photoshop CS, picture management software application, and Mac and PC platforms. Your application needs to consist of a portfolio. Videographers should excel in all elements of digital video/audio and modifying software application, consisting of Last Cut Pro or Adobe Best. Experience with voiceover narrative and HTML is valuable. Needed portfolio needs to be connected. Please suggest your project choice: Photography or Video.
- Multiplatform Editors: Effective editors should have the ability to modify for several platforms, composing headings that are customized for print and digital audiences. Editors should likewise have an eager understanding of design, grammar and syntax, and should have the ability to modify for clearness. WP likewise values editors who can discover issues in stories and deal with others to make them much better. Composing captions for picture galleries, proofing pages and the capability to work calmly under extreme due dates are likewise requirements, as is strong news judgment. Consist of as much as 6 examples of news or function stories you have actually modified, ideally submits that consist of a heading and caption( s) for web or print.
- Multiplatform Producers: The manufacturer will be accountable for upgrading the web and mobile websites with fresh material and making certain post pages have vital web components. They are searching for interns with strong news judgment, the capability to compose clever headings and blurbs and experience at product packaging web stories, picture galleries and videos. A perfect prospect likewise will be proficient at examining traffic information and web patterns, comprehending seo, be a fast and efficient issue solver and have the ability to rapidly discover how to utilize brand-new web publishing tools.
- Social Network Producers: The manufacturers promote interesting and helpful discussion on washingtonpost.com and social networks platforms. They are searching for trainees who have a capability to recognize and take part in online neighborhoods, huge and little. Familiarity with web publishing and fundamental HTML is needed. Please send out a minimum of one sample of an online conversation you have actually led and consist of connect to your individual social networks manages and/or accounts you have actually handled. The most effective prospects live and breathe the Web and can compose well, too.
- Audio Producers: The manufacturer assists record, compose and modify audio stories for long-form and short-form podcasts, and works collaboratively with press reporters and editors to discover and bring to life Post reporting. The perfect prospect has a background in sound style, audio production or both. Our manufacturers integrate standard journalistic abilities with imaginative techniques to informing stories through noise. WP likewise value a manufacturer who brings imaginative techniques to promo and community-building. Efficiency in either Adobe Audition or Pro Tools is needed. Please consist of 3 connect to audio clips with your application.
- Internship is a paid position. For summertime 2018, the income was USD 750 weekly.
- Candidate should be a college junior, senior or college student registered in a degree program on October 12, 2018;-LRB- **************).
- There is no age requirement;-LRB- **************).
- You should have had at least one expert news media task or internship;-LRB- **************).
- Foreign people can request internships. All work samples should be sent in English. If picked, the needed paperwork for acquiring the correct U.S work visa should be offered.
Total the online application and connect all pertinent products, consisting of résumé, work samples and autobiographical essay. All work sent should remain in English.
For more details, go to Washington Post Summertime Internship Program