Due Date: May 8, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the WE Empower UN SDG Obstacle for Females Business Owners 2019. The WE Empower Obstacle is the very first of its kind, a worldwide company competitors to honor, assistance and commemorate ladies business owners who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Advancement Goals and motivating whole neighborhoods to develop the world we desire by 2030.
Why Females Business Owners?
- Management: Females entrepreneur have a multiplier influence on their personnel, their consumers and their more comprehensive neighborhoods. International efforts such as the World Bank’s Females, Company and the Law task assistance and guide ladies entrepreneur to assist advance gender equality
- Financial Contribution: Research study from McKinsey shows as much as $12– $28 Trillion might be contributed to the worldwide economy by 2025 if all nations bridged the gender space. Females business owners play a crucial function in worldwide wealth development.
- Gender-Based Violence: Violence versus ladies and women impacts one in 3 women and ladies worldwide, weakening both self-respect and capacity and causing big expenses– consisting of financial expense. The financial expense of violence versus ladies and women highlights the alarming requirement for dedication and action from all sectors, consisting of the economic sector. A 2015 research study discovered that domestic violence versus ladies and kids costs the worldwide economy $8 trillion.
The WE Empower UN SDG Obstacle Regional Awardees will get an all costs paid journey to New york city to take part in unique occasions throughout the UN Global Goals Week (September 22-29, 2019)
- All flights, lodgings and incidentals while in New york city.
- An unique curated week-long program in New york city with personalized trainings, high level discussions at the UN, and training on interactions and speech preparation in preparation for the pitch evening night.
- Involvement in a night occasion hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that combines leading magnate, celebs and the media for a vibrant pitch competitors where each Regional Recipient provides her company to pitch for a $40,000 money grant.
- Presence at a top-level discussion with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Females Political Leaders Global Online Forum
- Included as speakers in a panel conversation at an intimate top-level supper reception hosted by the G5 Collective and Important Voices. The G5 Collective is a union of top-level leaders throughout sectors all devoted to jump-starting development around UN SDG Objective # 5 and the ladies associated targets throughout the other 16 Objectives.
- Involvement in International Person week occasions consisting of going to the International Person Celebration in Central Park on Saturday.
- Invite to the UN Economic Sector Online forum which will be held throughout the UN Secretary General’s Environment Top on 23 September.
- For each Regional Recipient, there might be chance to be repaid for a part of travel associated costs connected with among the following activities as much as $1,000 per recipient.
You are qualified to use if
- You are a lady business owner with lead choice making capability in an organisation
- Your company has actually functioned for more than 3 years
- You utilize a minimum of 3 full-time personnel (or full-time comparable)
- Your company produces a minimum of $100,000 USD in yearly sales
- You excel in spoken and composed English
- You are at least 21 years of ages
- You are offered to take a trip to New York City in between September 22, 2019– September 29, 2019
Applicants will be examined based upon a range of aspects, consisting of the following factors to consider:
- Capability to devote to the whole week of in-person program– no exceptions
- Determination to assist form the neighborhood discussion about ladies’s development and the SDG’s in their area, and wield the impact essential to do so
- Needs to have the ability to protect a United States visa
How to Use
Candidates are needed to finish and send an online application, that includes a two-minute video. The online application procedure might use up to one hour to finish.
For additional information, see We Empower Obstacle