Due Date: November 18, 2018
Applications are open for Wege Reward 2019 Wege Reward is a worldwide trainee style competitors concentrated on resolving complex “wicked” issues through the power of transdisciplinary partnership. They are searching for undergraduate and college students who wish to interact to re-think and re-design the method our economies work by producing regenerative options that have an extensive and enduring effect.
Wege Reward is a yearly competitors that sparks games-changing options for the future by motivating college/university trainees around the globe to team up throughout institutional, disciplinary, and cultural borders to revamp the method economies work. Individuals compete for over $30,000(USD) in overall prize money, all while assisting to reveal the world what the future of issue resolving appear like.
For Wege Reward 2019 we will be reviewing the following wicked issue: How can we develop a circular economy?
Wege Reward groups should take advantage of their transdisciplinary makeup to collaboratively develop and propose a service to a wicked issue of their picking that can, in turn, assistance fix the wicked issue of transitioning from a direct financial design to a circular financial design. Possible options consist of, however are not restricted to:
- Businesses/non-profit companies
Throughout 9 months and 4 unique stages, Wege Reward groups will grow their concepts from a casual research study strategy into a fully-developed option that can be prototyped and checked in the real life. Assisted by direct feedback from competitors judges, groups will work to reassess and revamp the method economies work by producing regenerative options that have an extensive and enduring favorable effect.
Wege Reward groups will compete for over $30,000(USD) in overall prize money, granted by our panel of judges. Prizes are as follows:
- 1st location– $15,000(USD)
- second location– $10,000(USD)
- 3rd location– $5,000 0 (USD)
- Finalist Award– $1,000(USD)
All rewards are split similarly amongst the 5 employee.
Private Involvement Requirements
To be qualified to get involved on a Wege Reward 2019 group, you should:
- Go to a college, university, or comparable organization of college throughout the world
- Be a trainee registered in a full-time (or comparable) undergraduate or graduate program throughout of the competitors *
* Both undergraduate and graduate level trainees are qualified to contend. Groups can be made up of both undergraduate and college students if they so pick.
Group Involvement Requirements
To be qualified to take part in Wege Reward 2019, groups should:
- Have precisely 5 members
- Represent a minimum of 3 (3) various scholastic disciplines *
- Represent a minimum of 2 (2) various organizations of college, such as colleges, universities, or different colleges/schools within a bigger university. (For example, an employee from Example University’s School of Engineering and an employee from Example University’s School of Earth Sciences would be thought about as representing 2 various organizations.) *
* These are the minimum requirements. Groups with the best disciplinary and institutional variety will likely have a greater possibility of success.
Wege Reward judges are searching for options that attend to the imperfections of a direct financial design on a systemic level. The most effective options will:
- Believe in systems by showing an understanding of how parts affect one another within an entire, along with the relationship of the entire to the parts.
- Think about the economics and practicality of the option within natural, social, and monetary systems.
- Protect and improve natural capital by managing limited resource stocks and stabilizing sustainable resource circulations.
- Enhance resource yields by flowing items, parts, and products at their greatest energy at all times in both technical and biological cycles.
- Foster system efficiency by developing out waste and unfavorable externalities such as contamination, toxicity, and environment modification.
Individuals should use as a group of 5, and should satisfy the abovementioned group involvement requirements. Group Applications for Wege Reward 2019 are being accepted now through Sunday, November 18, 2018.
To find out more, check out Wege Reward