Application Due Date: Friday 24 May, 2019:
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is a local non-governmental organisation committed to boosting the capabilities of civil society organisations in West Africa towards higher sustainability and functional and advancement efficiency.
In reaction to a recognized requirement for.
structured useful capability improvement for young West Africans, WACSI.
presented a Next Generation Internship Program (NGIP) in January.
2008 targeted at establishing the next generation of African scholars and.
specialists. The program mainly targets young West Africans,.
either fresh graduates or early profession experts, looking for work.
experience in WACSI’s core locations of work. Interns are anticipated to dedicate.
to WACSI for 6 months throughout which time they will be completely included.
in all WACSI activities and improve their understanding and capabilities for.
management, understanding and program management, and important advancement.
concerns for West Africa, to name a few locations.
WACSI is for that reason looking for interns.
thinking about boosting their civic awareness and establishing their.
expert capability. They will be embedded in WACSI’s core locations of.
work i.e. Capability Advancement, Policy Influencing and Advocacy and.
This is a mainly self-funded.
internship. The institute will support interns with completely provided.
lodging and lunch throughout working days throughout of the.
Obligations for Understanding Management Intern:
- Conduct and assistance background research study and analysis on topical concerns.
- Add to and put together the weekly Civil Society Circumstance Report and the quarterly WACSeries publications.
- Assemble and handle details for the Civil Society Understanding Center.
- Assistance modifying and evaluation of manuscripts for publication.
- Assist with the preparation and administration of pertinent WACSI programs and with report writing.
- Go to and represent WACSI at conferences with partner organisations.
- Any other tasks that might be designated.
Obligations for Capability Advancement Intern:
- Collect pertinent details to support training preparation;
- Add to and publicise the Institute’s programs ads;
- Assist in the advancement of training products and toolkits;
- Assist in the coordination of training programs, consisting of handling of logistics and report writing;
- Add to the style and advancement of idea notes, propositions and any other pertinent file;
- Any other tasks that might be designated.
Obligations for Policy Influencing and Advocacy Intern:
- Conduct desktop research study on policy and legal concerns
- Assist in collecting details and composing reports for policy conferences
- Assist in policy conferences and workshop preparation
- Assist in the advancement of policy advocacy training tool
- Assistance other administrative jobs
- Assist with information generation, analysis and management
- Minimum of a very first degree in worldwide affairs,.
government, public law, law, advancement research studies or associated.
- Interest in civil society and non-profit company management.
- Dedication to WACSI’s vision and worths and showed interest in civil society.
- Strong research study, composing and interaction (spoken and composed) abilities.
- Efficiency in Microsoft Workplace and strong Web research study abilities.
- Multilingual abilities (French and English).
- Outstanding social abilities.
- Functions well under pressure with very little guidance and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proactive, happy to discover and take effort.
- Functions well as part of a group.
Interested candidates ought to send out the following files to: The Head of Administration at [email protected] by Friday 24 May, 2019:
- Application letter and extensive curriculum vitae (CV)
- Names and contact of 2 referees; and
- Letter of inspiration revealing profession objectives and how the internship will add to accomplishing them.
- Applicants for the Understanding Management internship need to send a composing sample of no greater than 3 pages.
Please keep in mind:
- Choice will be provided to candidates with a high efficiency in English or French and a working understanding of the other.
- The effective intern will invest a considerable part of her/his internship operating at the WACSI workplace in Accra, Ghana.
- The internship duration is from July to December2019
- Interested prospects will be needed to cover.
their expenditures. This will consist of, however not restricted to, elements associated.
to (i) the expense of their travel to and from Ghana (where citizen.
outside Ghana) (ii) day-to-day subsistence in Ghana, and any other expenditures.
associated to the internship.
- WACSI will subsidise the expense by supplying completely.
provided lodging and lunch throughout work durations throughout.
of the internship.
Due to the volume of applications, ONLY effective candidates will be called for interview.
To Learn More: