Due Date: September 15, 2019
Applications are open for the West African Proving Ground Travel Grant 2019 The WARC Travel Grant promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange amongst scientists and organizations by offering assistance to African scholars and college students for research study sees to other organizations and areas on the continent.
Travel grant funds might be utilized to:
- Go to and present documents at scholastic conferences hung on the continent of Africa
- Check out libraries or archives found in Africa with resources essential to the candidate’s scholastic work
- Take part in collective deal with coworkers at another African organization
- Travel to a research study website in Africa
- The WARC Travel Grant offers travel expenses as much as $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500
- Open just to West African nationals, with concern provided to those connected with West African colleges, universities, or research study organizations.
The following are needed for total application:
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear declaration of function
- Project/Research description (6 double-spaced pages optimum) consisting of why travel is essential (need to remain in language reasonable to non-specialist readers)
- Proposed budget plan
- Curriculum vitae (with research study and mentor record)
- Copy of the candidate’s passport (need to be a West African nationwide)
- All applications need to be sent online in PDF files
- If going to a conference:.
- an abstract of the paper to be checked out
- letter of approval to the conference
- If going to another organization:.
- invite from host organization
- If travel is to seek advice from archives or other products:.
- a description of the collections to be spoken with and their significance to the candidate’s research study
- If you are a college student:.
- recommendation letter from teacher managing your research study
For more details, see WARC Grants