Application Due Date: March 15 th 2019
The WARC Travel Grant supports West African post graduate scholars and scientists performing research study on the African continent. Research studies in all disciplines are welcome. This grant covers travel occurring in between July 1st, 2019 and December 31 st,2019
The WARC Travel Grant promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange amongst scientists and organizations by offering assistance to African scholars and college students for research study check outs to other organizations on the continent. The WARC Travel Grant offers travel expenses approximately $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500
This competitors is open just to West African nationals, with choice offered to those associated with West African colleges, universities, or research study organizations. Travel grant funds might be utilized to: 1) go to and present documents at scholastic conferences pertinent to the candidate’s field of research study; 2) go to libraries or archives which contain resources needed to the candidate’s existing scholastic work; 3) participate in collective deal with coworkers at another organization; 4) take a trip to a research study website.
Effective prospects need to accept reveal discussions on.
their research study to 1) their scholastic organization, and 2) their regional.
neighborhoods. Furthermore, effective prospects will send to the WARC.
Library in Dakar one copy of their dissertation/thesis, posts, and.
other publications emerging from the research study moneyed through this grant.
All applications need to be sent online. Total applications will.
consist of published word, pdf, or jpgs of all of the files noted.
listed below; nevertheless, PDFs are the favored format for all connected.
files. Insufficient applications will not be thought about.
- A short (50-80 word) abstract of the activity to be moneyed, starting with a clear declaration of function
- A description (6 double-spaced pages optimum) of the candidate’s.
research study and how the proposed travel pertains to this work. This.
ought to exist in language easy to understand to non-specialist readers
- A suggested budget plan
- A curriculum vitae with research study and mentor record when pertinent
- If going to a conference, an abstract of the paper to be checked out and a letter of approval to the conference
- If going to another organization, an invite from host organization
- If travel is to seek advice from archives or other products, a description.
of the collections to be spoken with and their significance to the.
candidate’s research study
- For college students, a recommendation letter by the teacher supervising their research study
- Evidence of citizenship in the kind of a copy of the candidate’s.
passport (please note: this competitors is open just to West African.
Please resolve queries to
West African Research Study Center/Centre de Recherche Ouest Africaine
For Additional Information: