Deadline: July 9, 2021
Watson Institute and Western Union have launched a Fully Funded Accelerator and Fellowship. The Fellowship is a program for young entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe. This year-long program is designed to equip these next-generation entrepreneurs and leaders with the skills and experience to increase access to economic opportunity, integrate into their communities, succeed in the evolving nature of work, and transform their communities.
This is a fully funded program thanks to the support of Western Union Foundation. Final program launch and design are pending Western Union Foundation approval.
Support Provided to the Fellows:
- Seed Funding: Seed funding to run Basecamp and advance the ventures and community initiatives of the Fellows.
- Training and Skill Development: Training in the skills required to increase access to economic opportunity, integrate into their communities as leaders and entrepreneurs, and advance their careers.
- Master Courses: A Master Course series to help Fellows develop key entrepreneurship skills and build a global network.
- Basecamp Training and Manual: Additional training and a step by step manual for Fellows to run an impactful Basecamp in their communities.
- Basecamp Materials: The materials required by participants to organize and run an effective Basecamp in their communities.
- Monitoring & Evaluation Processes and Support: Watson Institute will work with Fellows to measure the impact and Return on Investment (ROI) of the Accelerator and Basecamps.
- Demo Day: A high profile Demo Day at the end of the Fellowship in which Fellows present their story, progress, and impact to a global audience, including Western Union employees and mentors.
- Network: Access to a global network including Western Union employees.
- This program is for next-generation highly promising entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe.
- Ideal applicants will join with relevant social impact and leadership experiences with proven experience of building community development projects within these communities.
- They are looking for applicants from the following countries: Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States
- You must be able to commit to the intensive two-week Accelerator (July 19th – July 30th) and the year-long Fellowship program (July 2021-July 2022).
For more information, visit Western Union Fellowship.