Deadline: September 3, 2021
Applications are open for the Westerwelle Young Founders Program – Autumn 2021. The Westerwelle Young Founders Program (YFP) is a six-month fellowship for 25 leaders uplifting emerging and developing markets towards a sustainable future.
They offer targeted support to scale founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities, with the following program plan:
- Kick-Off Conference: A two-day digital kick-off conference will take place in the last week of September 2021;
- Remote Program: From October 2021 – March 2022, the Young Founders will receive six months of support including a personal mentor, alumni buddy, monthly peer mentoring sessions, monthly expert workshops and networking opportunities with corporates and investors;
- Berlin Conference: The ten best performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Spring 2022. During this conference, the founders will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, participate in workshops, join networking events and get an insight into the German start-up scene.
They are looking for entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future, with the following criteria:
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets;
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has ideally generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding;
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry;
- You possess a good working knowledge of English;
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in programme activities for the six months.
Applicants should have the following key elements ready:
- Your startup pitch deck.
- Basic financial information (i.e. revenues, funding).
- Your LinkedIn profile and/or CV.
With these on hand, the application will take approximately 20 minutes. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
For more information, visit Westerwelle Young Founders.