Due Date: September 4, 2019
Applications now open for 2020 Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships The look for Australia’s next generation of innovators has actually begun. Now in its 5th year, the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship program created to bring in impressive young Australians who have the concepts and drive to assist form a much better future.
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships are amongst the most effective advancement scholarships in Australia. 17 scholarships are offered throughout the Group of 8 universities, each valued approximately $120,000 per trainee over 2 or 3 years. The scholarship’s significant differentiator is a nine-month bespoke Management Advancement Program and the chance to invest approximately 6 months abroad to acquire worldwide experience.
Scholarship receivers should undertake their postgraduate research studies at one of the following 8 universities, in a field of first-rate standing:
- The University of Adelaide
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of New South Wales
In addition to approximately $120,000 in financial backing, effective receivers acquire long-lasting subscription to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network. Each year the Network grows by 100 scholars from each of the 5 scholarships provided by the Westpac Scholars Trust.
The scholarship supports people who are carrying out post-graduate research study that will eventually make a distinction to Australia in among 3 locations; innovation and development, cultivating Australian-Asian ties, and allowing favorable social modification.
They are searching for switched-on, curious thinkers who have the motivation, drive and concepts to alter Australia– and possibly the world– for the much better.
Open to scholars who have:
- Who have actually shown scholastic quality and aspire to carry out a PhD or full-time Masters at one of 9 universities, in a field of well above world requirement.
- Enthusiastic about reinforcing Australia’s ties with Asia, driving innovation and development or allowing favorable social modification.
- With a strong vision to add to the development and success of Australia who can articulate this vision and how postgraduate research study will assist make it genuine.
- Having a desire and capacity to lead.
- Eager to be motivated by others, construct networks and work together throughout varied disciplines.
- Positive in handling obstacles.
- A desire to be part of and add to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
- You are an Australian resident or long-term citizen (NZ people who are not likewise Australian people are not qualified).
- You have actually finished your very first bachelor’s degree after 1 September 2014, OR will finish by 31 December 2019.
- You have actually accomplished or are on track to attain a typical outcome of H1 or H2A equivalent (approx. 75 WAM).
- You have actually picked to carry out a full-time Masters by coursework or research study or a PhD at one of our 9 getting involved universities.
- You have actually picked a discipline which, for PhD and Masters by research study candidates has an PERIOD 4 digit FOR score of “well above world requirement” and for Masters by coursework candidates, should remain in location of first-rate standing.
- You should start research study in 2020 (Jan– Dec 2020), not in the past.
- Your proposed program of research study:.
- Can be in any field and should relate to the Trust’s focus locations
- Include worldwide chances, such as a duration of research study at an abroad university, a welcomed discussion at a conference considerable to the discipline, or a duration of internship or positioning at an abroad organisation, which will establish your management abilities and worldwide networks
- Underpin a worthwhile and practical post-study strategy that benefits Australia
- Financing ask for the function of medical research study as specified in the ARC Medical Research study Policy offered on the Australian Research study Council site will not be thought about; MD, juris physician programs or comparable are likewise omitted.
- Masters by coursework programs should be finished within 2 years.
- You have the ability to provide 2 letters of recommendation– one scholastic recommendation and one individual recommendation.
- For PhD and Masters by Research study candidates, you should likewise provide one letter of assistance from either your manager, dean of the professors or head of school or equivalent.
- 18 June 2019: Applications open
- 4 September 2019: Applications close (11: 59 pm, AEST)
- 9-10 December 2019: National Evaluation Centre in Sydney
- December 2019: Notice of result
- 16-21 February 2020: Management Advancement Program: Sydney Residential
- 2-3 April 2020: Westpac Scholars’ Top
To learn more, go to Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship