Application Due Date: Aug 7, 2019, 9: 59: 00 PM
This job statement will be utilized to produce a lineup ([email protected]) which the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Regional Workplace (WHO/EMRO) will be promoting two times a year. In finishing your profile, you will have the ability to pick approximately 3 various workspace of interest. GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
WHO is the directing and collaborating authority on global health within the United Nations system.
WHO has 194 Member States and more than 7000 individuals operating in 150 nation workplaces, in 6 local workplaces and at headquarter in Geneva. This program uses fellowships in the workplaces of the Eastern Mediterranean Area. The [email protected] program has 3 goals:
(a) to supply a structure for designating trainees from varied scholastic backgrounds to EMR programs, where academic experience can be boosted through useful work projects; (b) to expose fellows to the work of WHO and (c) to supply WHO/EMRO programs with the support of fellows concentrating on numerous fields. A lot of fellows are put in health-related programs, although positionings in other location of work like for instance interaction, external relations, financing or personnels are likewise possible.
( b) to expose fellows to the work of WHO and (c) to supply WHO/EMRO programs with the support of fellows concentrating on numerous fields. A lot of fellows are put in health-related programs, although positionings in other location of work like for instance interaction, external relations, financing or personnels are likewise possible.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the guidance of a technical professional in the particular location, fellows are designated a task based upon concurred regards to recommendations and in line with their ability. These regards to recommendations usually consist of some or all of the following obligations:
- evaluation literature and perform literature studies.
- carry out web research study and information collection on particular discipline.
- arrange information and files.
- take part in the advancement of tools and standards.
- help in preparing, format and modifying policy briefs, tool packages, guides/manuals, hand-outs, sales brochures and reports.
- help in arranging workshops, conferences, conferences, occasions.
- take part in on-going department jobs
Postgraduate research studies or degree in public health, health or social field associated to the technical work of WHO postgraduate research studies or degree will be a property. Abilities
WHO worldwide Proficiencies design at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
- Team Effort.
- Appreciating and promoting private and cultural distinctions.
- Moving on in an altering environment
All fellows must have the ability to show the following abilities in line with the WHO core proficiencies:.
- Interacting efficiently orally and in composing.
- Revealing determination to gain from errors.
- Making and providing quality outcomes.
- Working collaboratively with employee
In addition, fellows require to be.
acquainted with typically utilized computer system programs, such as Word, Excel,.
PowerPoint. Understanding of specialized computer system programs, for instance,.
analytical software application such as XLStat might be a benefit.
Depending upon the location of interest, 2 years of the listed below experience is needed and/or would be a benefit.
- Experience in research study and/or in preparing reports.
- Experience in the discipline through scholastic work or research study.
- Field and/or establishing nation experience.
- Experience with information.
analysis, analytical bundles and interest in the style of visual.
screen and analysis of health info in a worldwide.
relative viewpoint, such as for health system efficiency.
- More particular experience such as specialized computer system programs
- Fluency in English (reading, composing and speaking).
- Understanding of Arabic or understanding of the regional language in some task stations can be a property
- Prospects listed below 35 years of ages are qualified for the program.
- Please keep in mind that the.
program is competitive and just a little number of candidates will be.
accepted every year. Just effective prospects will be called.
- Privileges consist of month-to-month fellowship stipend and main travel depending upon the positioning.
- Fellows are not qualified for visit to any position in WHO for a duration of 3 months following completion of the fellowship.
ONLY APPLICATIONS FROM.
NATIONALS OF THE LOW AND MIDDLE EARNINGS MEMBER NATIONS OF THE EASTERN.
MEDITERRANEAN AREA WILL BE CONSIDERED: AFGHANISTAN, DJIBOUTI, EGYPT,.
IRAN, IRAQ, JORDAN, LEBANON, LIBYA, MOROCCO, PAKISTAN, PALESTINE,.
SOMALI, SUDAN, SYRIA, TUNISIA, YEMEN.
To Learn More: