Application Deadline: September 15th 2018
Global Conference on Primary Health Care, Kazakhstan – 25-26 October 2018
The Global Conference on Primary Health Care, co-hosted by the World Health Organization, UNICEF and the Government of Kazakhstan, will be held in Astana on October 25-26, 2018. The Conference will bring together Member States, international organizations, civil society, academic institutions and other partners to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Declaration of Alma Ata and present a bold vision for PHC in the 21st Century.
WHO recognize that young PHC professionals are key to delivering this future vision. In Astana, WHO will launch the PHC Young Leaders Network – a community of early career PHC professionals from across the world, who are actively improving PHC in their local area and are passionate about advocating for primary health care.
- PHC professionals (including from medicine, nursing, midwifery, community health workers, social work, and pharmaceutical sciences, allied health professions, health policy, economics, or public health) aged 30 or under orwithin 5 years of completion of education or post-graduate training.
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a commitment to PHC development and advocacy in their own countries.
- Membership of the PHC Young Leaders Network to promote and advocate for the value of Primary Health Care
- Attendance at the Global Conference on Primary Health Care, including travel and accommodation grant
- Mentorship and internship opportunities with PHC leaders in global health
- Opportunity to engage and support WHO’s PHC agenda, the Global Service Delivery Network as part of UHC2030, and follow up events in 2019.
The application process will be open from 24 August to 15 September. Candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application by 30 September.
For More Information: