Due Date: May 1, 2019
Females In International Security (WIIS) is delighted to open applications for the 2019 Next Generation Gender, Peace and Security (GPS) Seminar The Next Generation GPS Seminar will assemble a worldwide accomplice of 20-24 college students and young specialists for an extensive 5-day program analyzing worldwide security difficulties from a GPS point of view. The seminar is set up to happen November 10-15, 2019 in Washington, D.C.
The 2019 Next Gen Seminar belongs of a bigger WIIS effort to bridge existing divides in between the conventional security neighborhood and the Females, Peace and Security (WPS) neighborhood. Through this effort, they look for to (1) advance understanding about the gender measurements of worldwide security difficulties; and (2) support a neighborhood of worldwide security professionals that is both varied and experienced about gender characteristics of intricate worldwide security difficulties.
- WIIS will cover economy-fare travel to and from Washington, D.C. along with regional lodging.
- Open to young specialists with an MA or greater scholastic degree; or college students presently registered in a Masters or Ph.D. program in worldwide affairs, security research studies, gender research studies, sociology, or an associated discipline. (Current graduates, along with people who will be registered in a graduate program within the next scholastic year, will likewise be thought about.)
- Be in between the ages of 25 and 40; and
- Fluent in both spoken and composed English.
- Offered to take part in throughout the days of the seminar.
- All genders are motivated to use.
Prospects should supply the following application products:
- The total application
- Letter of interest which need to plainly resolve the following:.
- Why the candidate has an interest in taking part in the seminar;-LRB- ***************).
- How the candidate’s experience, education, and basic background would add to the Next Generation Seminar (list 2-3 prospective contributions);-LRB- ***************).
- Description of the candidate’s research study and composing interests; and
- A particular description of how the seminar would boost the candidate’s future profession objectives.
- Summary of the research study or composing task the prospect wish to present (250-500 words).
- 2 letters of recommendation sent straight to WIIS at [email protected] Recommendations need to consist of the candidate’s name in the subject line.
To learn more, check out WIIS GPS Seminar