Deadline: November 1, 2021
Applications are open for the William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship 2021/2022 at the American University in Dubai. The William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship at AUD seeks to further the goals of the Clinton Foundation to strengthen the capacity of people in the United States and throughout the world to meet the challenges of global interdependence.
In partnership with The American University in Dubai, the program will provide American students based in the US the opportunity to expand their educational and cultural horizons by studying in the Arab world. President Clinton gave public recognition to this during his keynote Address at AUD’s Fifth Commencement (June 2002) in which he cited the multi-cultural composition of AUD’s student body consisting of over one hundred nationalities, as a microcosm of Dubai’s multi-ethnicity. In this spirit, the Clinton Presidential Foundation and AUD have established this program to encourage others to experience this diversity.
Clinton Scholarship Recipients will receive:
- A full waiver of tuition for one semester (Fall or Spring);
- On-campus housing at The American University in Dubai on a shared-room basis.
- The scholarship is open only to students who are U.S. Citizens.
- In order to be eligible for a scholarship, a student must currently be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate degree candidate at an accredited four-year college/university in the United States.
- It is expected that applicants will demonstrate exemplary academic achievement.
- Preference will be given to students who show interest in being exposed to the Middle Eastern and Islamic cultures for the first time.
To apply, a student must complete the application for The William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship at The American University in Dubai and successfully submit the following documents along with the application form online. Before you begin your application, please make sure you have all the required documents to upload. An email notification will be sent to the reference upon the submission of the application to request a letter of recommendation. The contact information of the reference is required for the application.
- Complete the Clinton Scholarship Application Form online;
- Passport photocopy with validity page;
- A personal statement (500 words minimum) addressing the qualities that distinguish the applicant for The William Jefferson Clinton Scholars Program at AUD;
- A copy of the applicant’s current undergraduate official transcript showing that the applicant
- is in good academic standing [i.e., 3.0 GPA or equivalent] at the institution from which he or she is applying; and,
- has completed or is completing one full year of study as a fulltime student at a four-year accredited U.S. college or university;
- A résumé or CV indicating work and/or leadership experience; and,
- One letter of recommendation. (To be submitted by reference before the application deadline.)
For more information, visit William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship.