Due Date: September 30, 2019
Applications are open for the Wilson Center Latin American Fellowship Program 2019/2020 Attending To Ecological Obstacles in the Americas Latin America and the Caribbean face significant ecological obstacles. For instance, air, water, and sound pollution impact roughly 80 percent of city populations. Ocean plastics deteriorate the physical appeal of seaside locations, threatening incomes and marine life.
What is the course to a resistant and sustainable future for the area? What concrete steps can be required to secure environments and biodiversity, decrease the intake of limited resources, promote energy, facilities, and transport effectiveness, in addition to promote strength and adjustment to environment modification?
The Vidanta Structure and Wilson Center’s Latin American Program are happy to provide a require applications to carry out research study about and propose concrete services to the series of ecological hazards dealt with by nations in Latin America and the Caribbeans. The domestic fellowship will start in January 2020.
People of Latin America and the Caribbean who live in the area are motivated to focus their applications on ingenious jobs and public laws that will attend to several of the area’s immediate ecological obstacles. The objective of the fellowship is to check out and highlight evidence-based efforts that have actually revealed appealing outcomes and have the prospective to be embraced on a broader scale in the area.
- The domestic fellowship will happen at the Wilson Center in Washington, D.C. Each fellow is designated a provided workplace offered to him or her every day all the time
- The center lies in the heart of Washington, D.C., and consists of meeting room, a referral library, and a dining-room. The structure is a smoke-free environment
- The Wilson Center Library offers loan advantages with the Library of Congress and access to digital resources, its book and journal collections, and to university and unique libraries in the location, and other research study centers
- Windows-based desktop computers are supplied, and each fellow is provided a part-time research study assistant
- Although fellows are accountable for finding their own real estate in the Washington, D.C. location, the Center offers written products to assist assist in the search procedure, if wanted
- Fellows are supplied with a month-to-month stipend and are needed to acquire medical insurance unless they have a medical strategy that covers them while in the United States. The fellowship consists of round-trip airline tickets in economy class.
- Candidates should be people of any Latin American or Caribbean nation and presently live in the area
- Candidates should hold a legitimate passport and be qualified to get a J-1 visa
- They invite applications from impressive females and guys from a variety of backgrounds, consisting of service, civil society, academic community, journalism, and other occupations
- Previous federal government authorities are qualified however present authorities are not
- A command of spoken English is essential given that the center motivates the exchange of concepts amongst its fellows and with the wider Washington policy neighborhood
- Candidates should have an undergraduate or academic degree and a minimum of 5 years of pertinent work experience. The fellowship is closed to present trainees or to those dealing with a Master’s- level or doctoral argumentation.
- Significance of the proposed research study, consisting of the value and creativity of the job;-LRB- **************).
- The quality of the proposition in company, clearness, and scope; and
- The abilities and accomplishments of the candidate and the possibility that she or he will achieve the proposed job.
- Tasks ought to include fresh research study, in regards to both the total problem and the candidate’s previous work. It is necessary that jobs have significance to public and personal choice makers, and fellows ought to desire, and be prepared, to communicate with policymakers throughout the Washington policy neighborhood and with others at the Wilson Center dealing with comparable problems.
Application products ought to be sent in English in the order noted below within a single PDF file:
- An existing CV showing instructional and expert background, citizenship, date of birth, and contact details (address, e-mail, and phone number). Just the very first 3 pages of a candidate’s CV will be accepted
- A job proposition not to go beyond 5 double-spaced, typed pages, utilizing a 12- point font style
- A brief bibliography (optional and not to go beyond one page) for the job that consists of pertinent print or online sources
- A sign of why residency at the Center will be advantageous to the job
- The names and contact details for 2 referrals, with a sign of how they understand the candidate.
For more details, go to Wilson Center Latin American Program