Application Due Date: September 11 2019,
The Africa-China Reporting Task at Wits Journalism and Inkyfada
based in Tunis welcome all reporters from Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria.
to send propositions to participate in a journalism training workshop in Tunis.
throughout the week of 7 October2019 The workshop will focus.
on useful investigative methods and abilities, along with check out.
China’s function in Africa and particular North African nations.
The workshop will include skilled fitness instructors put together by the Africa-China Reporting Task and Inkyfada, and will consist of training sessions on North African nations’ relations with China, present patterns and misconceptions; multimedia journalism, online tools and resources; information journalism and information visualisation, visual storytelling and audience engagement; and cyber security, to name a few subjects. The workshop will likewise consist of engagement with and guidance of particular China-North Africa examinations to be carried out by the taking part reporters after the workshop for which they will get reporting grants.
Chinese foreign direct financial investment.
( FDI) in North Africa has actually broadened quickly in the last few years. North.
African nations have actually registered to take part in the BRI, and this is.
anticipated to increase their financial relate to Europe and sub-Saharan.
Africa. China has actually carried out substantial facilities jobs in.
North Africa such as the Mohammed VI Bridge in Morocco, the East-West.
Highway and Africa’s longest train tunnel in Algeria, and Egypt’s brand-new.
Great relations with Arab nations.
and the revival of Chinese-Muslim relationship through the BRI and fond memories.
for the ancient Silk Roadway are of much worth to China, yet cultural.
relations and public diplomacy are much less industrialized and fancy.
than with Africa-China relations.
How to use
Applications should be sent out to [email protected] by September 11 2019, and need to consist of the following (just files in PDF format will be accepted):
- Candidate CV
proposition describing (a) story to be examined with clear heading;.
story significance, significance and anticipated results, (b) proposed.
publication/platform, and (c) itemised spending plan for reporting.
examination amounting to no greater than US$ 1,500
- List of formerly released reporting
Prospective examination subjects
- Chinese jobs, financial investments and employees in North Africa and the influence on regional neighborhoods
- China’s efforts to advance industrialisation and advancement in North Africa
- Chinese training programs and abilities transfers/job production in North Africa
on whether China’s financial investments in North Africa are executed.
regularly with its dedications revealed in China Arab States.
Cooperation Online Forum (CASCF) files
- The Belt & Roadway Effort (BRI) in North Africa and how the area is set to benefit and take part in future
- Any proof of corruption or illegal activities by Chinese business in North Africa and how these can be examined
- Cultural and people-to-people understandings and exchanges
- North African trainees trained in China and application of their abilities back in North Africa
- Wildlife poaching and trafficking in North Africa and how if at all Chinese interests are included
For any inquiries please contact [email protected]
For More Details: