Deadline: February 27, 2021
Applications are open for the Women Techsters Fellowship Programme 2021. The Women Techsters Fellowship is a year-long coding programme for young girls and women across Africa. It is an opportunity for women to upskill and build the capacity needed to access decent work opportunities.
For the next ten years, multiple cohorts will be executed over a 12-month timeline using standardized learning curriculums across five learning tracks. The training is for three months, supported by a six-month internship and enrollment into a mentorship programme.
The Women Techsters Initiative is set out to achieve the following:
- To empower African women to establish start-ups or technology-enabled businesses to build an entrepreneurial mindset in them.
- To support women to become digitally enabled, social champions, and owners of businesses.
- To bridge the digital divide between men and women in the technology space while contributing to economic growth.
- To ultimately improve the socio-economy of the African continent by providing skills that will elevate women from poverty.
The learning paths for this training are:
- Software Development
- Product Design (UI/UX)
- Product Management
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Engineering
- Only women in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, and Egypt should apply.
- Applicants should be between the ages of 16 to 40 years.
The Fellowship will commence on Monday, 8th March 2021 and will run for a year. Fellows will be required to take part in the training to qualify for the internship.
For more information, visit Women Techsters Fellowship.