Application Due Date: 01 April 2019
The Africa Development Fellowship, powered by WomEng and the Royal Academy of Engineering’s Africa Reward for Engineering Development is a nine-month management and service advancement chance for female African innovators with an early phase engineering development or start-up. The Africa Development Fellowship intends to establish the skill pipeline for future associates of the Africa Reward for Engineering Development.
The Africa Development Fellowship (AIF) starts with an in-person.
training week in Kampala, Uganda from the 2– 5 June 2019, concentrated on.
concept and service incubation, management advancement, networking and.
getting pitch-ready. The Fellowship training week is followed by 9.
months of customised virtual assistance with routine check-ins and.
turning points, ending in March 2020.
The reward for the winning concept will be an all-expenses paid journey to London to participate in the Worldwide Grand Difficulties Top in September 2019.
Fellowship prospects who use and are consequently shortlisted for.
the Africa Reward for Engineering Development will in addition get.
specific training and mentoring to support to get them pitch all set.
Apply now for this special chance to take your development to the next level.
- Candidates should be female people or little groups with a female lead candidate.
- Private candidates should be people of a nation within.
Sub-Saharan Africa *. For groups of 2 or more, the lead candidate must.
be a person of a nation within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The development should be based in a nation in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Candidates should have an engineering development, however are not needed to be an engineering graduate or trainee themselves.
- Commercial scientists and facilities are not qualified to use.
- The lead candidate should be over the age of18 There is no upper age limitation.
- The candidate’s development can be any brand-new item, innovation or.
service, based upon research study in engineering specified in its broadest sense.
to include a large range of fields, consisting of: farming innovation,.
biotechnology, chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer system.
science, style engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, ICT,.
products science, mechanical engineering, and medical engineering. If.
you remain in any doubt that your location of competence would be thought about.
engineering, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your application.
- Candidates must have an early phase engineering development and/or start-up that:.
- Will bring social and/or ecological advantages to a country/countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Is accompanied by an enthusiastic however reasonable service strategy which is near-ready or has actually been checked for business practicality
- Has strong capacity to be reproduced and scaled up
Additional requirements and details:
- Effective prospects should be readily available to take a trip to Uganda from 1–.
6 June 2019 for the Fellowship training week in its totality.
- Effective prospects should have the ability to devote a minimum of 2 to 5.
hours a month from June 2019 to March 2020 for online/virtual assistance.
- For groups using, just the lead candidate will be welcomed to participate in the Fellowship training week.
- Just effective candidates will be informed by mid-May.
Application and program timeline:
Applications open: 01 March 2019
Applications close: 01 April 2019
Effective prospects informed: 15 May 2019(********** ).
Fellowship Week Uganda:02– 05 June 2019(********** ). (******* ) Online assistance & mentoring
: June– August2019
Africa Reward for Engineering Development Submission due date: (******** ) (******************************* ) August 2019
Online assistance & mentoring: September2019– March2020
* For the functions of this Fellowship, Sub-Saharans African nations are:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde,. Main African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic
of the Congo,. Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial.
Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea,. Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali,.
Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao. Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South.
Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland/eSwatini, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda,. Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To Learn More: