Application Deadline: November 18, 2021
The World Bank’s Western and Central Africa region is looking for dedicated professionals, passionate about international development to join our innovative and diverse staff. A career with the World Bank Group offers a unique opportunity to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems. These positions will be based in our country offices in Western and Central Africa.
The World Bank Group are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer, not discriminating based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
In Western and Central Africa, the World Bank is a leading partner with a growing portfolio of 387 projects totaling more than $44.1 billion. We work in various sectors, including agriculture, trade, transport, energy, education, health, water, and many more. We also work on tackling some of the major global challenges of our time, including climate change and global pandemics.
Are you ready to make an impact? Are you a development expert who is seeking new career challenges? Then, please apply online by November 18, 2021.
Can I apply? Yes, if you are:
- Interested in a local position in one of the offices of the Western and Central Africa region of the World Bank;
- Hold a Master’s and/or PhD Degree(s) with a minimum of 5-8 years of professionally relevant experience;
- A technical expert with development experience in the relevant areas;
- Fluent in oral and written English. French is also required for some positions.
What is the timeline of the recruitment process?
- Timing of the Application Process: October 19 – November 18, 2021 (midnight GMT+4)
- Close of the Application Process: November 18
- Join the Mission – World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa Event: November 16
- Expected start date of new hires: January-February 2022
Do you have any resources to help me prepare for the application?
- Join the mission – World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa.
- When: November 16, 2021, from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, Washington, DC time / 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm GMT/ Dakar time.
- Agenda: The various sectors will feature their work and career opportunities in the region.
- Format, language: Virtual meeting in English. More details to follow.
- Target audience: Mid-career professionals, technical specialists with at least five years of experience in a sector, professional associations, and faculty and students interested in learning more about the World Bank Group.
For More Information: