Due Date: November 30, 2018
Propositions are welcomed for the local program for Reinforcing Greater Agricultural Education for Agri-Food Systems Change in Africa (SHAEA). In cooperation with the Federal governments of Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, and Mozambique the World Bank Group (WBG) and the Regional Universities Online Forum for Capability Structure in Farming (RUFORUM) are collectively introducing a Require Propositions for a Regional Task for SHAEA.
The primary goal of this proposed job is to establish proficient and pertinent personnels needed to speed up agri-food systems change in Africa through conditioning
- agri-food associated education and training improved with transdisciplinary methods, experiential knowing and used research study at picked African local anchor universities;-LRB- **************).
- university linkages to the local farming sector– its concerns, requirements and stakeholders; and
- university collaboration with personal and public entities connected to agri-food both within and outside Africa.
SHAEA belongs to the WBG Board’s substantial reinvestment in college in Africa with a local focus that matches the African College Centers of Quality (ACE) tasks along with the local farming tasks– the West African Agricultural Change Program (WAATP) and the East and Central African Agricultural Change Program (ECAATP).
Interested universities need to satisfy all the following eligibility requirements:
- Be from among the getting involved nations which have IDA financing schedule;-LRB- **************).
- Has had at least 5 associates of graduates with masters degrees in pertinent locations;-LRB- **************).
- Provides postgraduate programs at the Masters level (ideally likewise at the PhD level) in agrifood systems associated subjects and ideally one within the recognized local crucial understanding space locations;-LRB- **************).
- Has at least one existing active and practical local collaboration in the location of farming;-LRB- **************).
- Shows on-going effort in reform/change for institutional enhancement;-LRB- **************).
- No land acquisition required if civil works are anticipated to be funded under the job;-LRB- **************).
- If a university has an existing farming ACE, it can use as long as the proposed focus location for being a RAU is not the like exactly what is currently supported by the farming ACE; and
- Just one proposition per university might be sent
All sent propositions that satisfy the eligibility requirements will be picked through a goal, transparent, tactical and merit-based competitive procedure. Propositions will be sent to RUFORUM through the nationwide federal governments in each of the getting involved nations. Sent propositions will be looked for compliance to the eligibility requirements by RUFORUM followed by a two-step assessment procedure performed by the Independent Assessment Committee (IEC): i) a technical assessment; ii) an onsite and management assessment. The RSC will make the choice based upon the c IEC’s suggestion.
Pertinent files, consisting of the SHAEA Proposition Submission Type, SHAEA Assessment Procedure, SHAEA Task Description and Outcomes Structure, are offered on the SHAEA site
The due date for submission of propositions to the RFU by the particular federal governments is November 30, 2018 (at midnight Greenwich Mean Time– GMT).
To find out more, see SHAEA