Due Date: October 1, 2019
Applications are open for the World Bank Youth Top 2019 Competitors The Competitors challenges young social business owners to send ingenious propositions for scalable business that take advantage of wise innovation to develop sustainable and inclusive cities that will serve the requirements of 1 million individuals by 2030.
The World Bank Group wishes to speak with young changemakers around the world on how we can take advantage of the development of cities for more sustainable and inclusive neighborhoods.
About the Competitors
By 2030, two-thirds of the world’s population will reside in cities, with most of development in establishing nations. Cities are unmatched centers of chance, however likewise provide a few of the most complicated and pushing obstacles of our time. Everybody has a function to play to attend to these obstacles– federal governments, global companies, non-profits, regional neighborhoods, and people– however nobody is much better positioned than youths to innovate and conquer the challenges dealt with in an age of busy, technology-driven modification.
The 2019 Youth Top Competitors challenges youths to harness wise innovation to:
- Attend to the increasing effects of environment modification and contamination in cities; and/or
- Promote inclusive financial development.
The competitors offers an online forum for youths to recognize issues in their neighborhoods and craft ingenious services for smarter and more resistant cities. It intends to promote entrepreneurial issue resolving and produce discussion on ingenious methods to open challenges that have actually generally impeded financial investment in wise cities.
- Finalists will sign up with the 2019 Youth Top at the World Bank head office in Washington, DC. Travel expenditures will be covered consisting of lodging for approximately 3 nights for one agent from each finalist group.
- Finalists will display their propositions on the 2nd day of the Top, pitching their proposition in front of an evaluating panel, going to delegates, and a live-streamed online audience. One winner will be picked by the evaluating panel, and another winner will be elected by the audience.
- Open to people or groups of approximately 4 individuals aged 18 to 35, from all over the world
- Previous entrepreneurial experience or service background is not needed– all youth with the drive to innovate are motivated to get involved, consisting of specialists, trainees and academics, NGO leaders, federal government authorities and start-up creators.
Propositions will be evaluated on the following evaluating requirements:
- Clearness, scope and significance of the issue and of the proposed option;-LRB- **************).
- Development and creativity;-LRB- **************).
- Expediency of execution and sustainability with time;-LRB- **************).
- Possible for effect; and
- Compliance with competitors requirements.
Candidates ought to propose an ingenious and action-oriented concept leveraging information innovation to attend to contamination and environment modification, or help with the addition of the city bad in cities.
The proposed option (i) can be focused on service or service (e.g. item, service, program, effort, and so on), (ii) ought to fix a particular issue declaration or difficulty, (iii) discusses the proposition’s proof-of-concept and effect to date; and (iv) addresses a minimum of among the wise and resistant cities sub-themes in the 2 pillars: ( a) Tackle Contamination and environment modification and (b) Inclusive Economic Development.
Process & Due Dates
- Phase 1– Send your Proposition (Due Date: October 1, 2019): Individuals should send their proposition by October 1,2019 Propositions will be examined by a skilled committee. Shortlisted individuals/teams will be revealed by early November and will continue to the next phase.
- Phase 2– Fine-tune your Concept & Prepare your Pitch (November 2019): Individuals/teams shortlisted in Phase 1 will get feedback on their propositions and might be asked to send additional info, improve their propositions and/or send brief pitching videos. The professional committee will choose finalists who will continue to Phase 3.
- Phase 3– Pitch your Concept at the 2019 Youth Top (2-3 December 2019): Finalists will sign up with the 2019 Youth Top at the World Bank head office in Washington, DC. Travel expenditures will be covered consisting of lodging for approximately 3 nights for one agent from each finalist group. Finalists will display their propositions on the 2nd day of the Top, pitching their proposition in front of an evaluating panel, going to delegates, and a live-streamed online audience. One winner will be picked by the evaluating panel, and another winner will be elected by the audience.
To find out more, check out World Bank Youth Top Competitors