Due Date: October 8, 2018
The World Copyright Company (WIPO) looks for expressions of interest from appropriately certified native people for the WIPO Indigenous Fellowship program2019-2020 The fellowship reacts to the mutual requirements for more powerful capability in the quickly growing domain of native IP law and for strengthened capability on IP law and policy for native legal representatives and policy consultants.
Considering That 2009, when the WIPO Indigenous Fellowship Program was introduced, members of native and regional neighborhoods have actually operated in WIPO’s Standard Understanding Department on concerns pertinent to native individuals. These consist of the WIPO Intergovernmental Committee on Copyright and Genetic Resources, Standard Understanding and Folklore ( IGC), outreach to native individuals and regional neighborhoods, WIPO’s cooperation with the United Nations Permanent Online Forum on Indigenous Issues, the Professional System on the Rights of Native Peoples, and the Unique Rapporteur on the Rights of Native Peoples.
Function of Fellows
The Fellow will work under the guidance of the Director of the Standard Understanding Department of WIPO, or his delegate, to:
- help in the concept, advancement, company and endeavor of outreach, awareness-raising and capacity-building activities with native individuals and regional neighborhoods associated with copyright and hereditary resources, standard understanding and standard cultural expressions;-LRB- ***************).
- add to and take part in the Secretariat of the IGC and associated conferences, with a specific focus on the centers and systems that guarantee representation and involvement of native individuals and regional neighborhoods in the IGC procedure;-LRB- ***************).
- help in preparation and endeavor WIPO’s activities pertinent to the UN Permanent Online Forum on Indigenous Issues, the Professional System on the Rights of Native Peoples and the Unique Rapporteur on the Rights of Native Peoples;-LRB- ***************).
- perform pertinent research study and draft and prepare WIPO files, WIPO publications and other pertinent outreach and awareness-raising products; and,
- carry out such other jobs that might be needed in the context of the work of the Department.
The Native Fellow will not be anticipated to work as an independent scholar, consultant or expert, however will run, on a full-time basis, within the WIPO Secretariat and will straight take part in the shipment of core program outputs.
Information and Advantages
Regard to fellowship: One year, eco-friendly for one more year just.
Place: WIPO Head Office, Geneva
Travel costs and a month-to-month stipend are payable; information are offered on demand. This is not a routine work position within the WIPO Secretariat, and it does not result in work rights and privileges beyond the regards to this fellowship.
The Native Fellow is anticipated to satisfy the list below requirements:
- Be an acknowledged and active member of a native neighborhood;-LRB- ***************).
- Have tested experience in native outreach and in involvement in native companies and networks, consisting of in a global context;-LRB- ***************).
- Hold legal certifications, or comparable in useful experience and neighborhood work, ideally with particular elements associated with copyright law;-LRB- ***************).
- Program capability to work efficiently in English; the capability to work with complete confidence and prepare files appropriate for publication in a minimum of another UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) would be a benefit.
Having a record of pertinent publications (basic awareness-raising, official legal analysis or academic publications) would be a possession. The Native Fellow will be chosen on the basis of a shown capability to contribute straight to the authorized program outputs developed in the WIPO Program and Spending Plan. The Fellow will have to be offered to begin the Fellowship in Geneva in the course of December 2018 or January 2019.
Just short-listed candidates will be called. Short-listed prospects might be spoken with and/or welcomed to finish a composed project as part of the choice procedure.
Expressions of interest, created through declarations by the prospect attending to each of the requirements set out above, accompanied just by a thorough curriculum vitae (résumé), must be sent out to:
Standard Understanding Department
World Copyright Company
34 chemin des Colombettes,
1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
or by e-mail ([email protected]) or by fax (+4122 338 8120)
To learn more, go to WIPO Indigenous Fellowship