Due Date: April 30, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the World Development Top for Education (WISE) Accelerator Program 2019-2020 The WISE Accelerator supports ingenious efforts establishing options in education innovation with high capacity for scalability and favorable effect.
Each year, the chosen efforts sign up with the 1 year program, throughout which they gain from custom-made assistance to resolve obstacles that impede their development and scaling up procedure. In addition, the WISE Accelerator helps the chosen efforts to get in touch with a global network of education stakeholders and produce chances to share understanding and discover assistance amongst possible partners, donors and financiers throughout worldwide occasions arranged by WISE.
Lastly, the chosen efforts will be matched with coaches who are professionals in education, education innovation and leaders in their field. Coaches will support the chosen efforts with suggestions, assistance and connections to various education and organisation stakeholders.
The year-long program is created to evaluate and satisfy the efforts’ requirements as totally and exactly as possible in order to bring them to the next phase of advancement and scale up.
Secret turning points in the 2019-2020 program are:
- Kick-off: Picked efforts take part in the program kick-off to be held throughout WISE 2019 Top in Doha, Qatar where they will gain from workshops, masterclasses and networking chances.
- Requirements Evaluation: The WISE Accelerator group will examine the efforts’ top priority requirements and recognize ideal methods to resolve them.
- Custom-made Assistance: This stage represents the rollout of the mentorship and training offered by the WISE Accelerator group and partner companies, integrating both in person conferences and primarily range, individualized sessions.
- Mentorship: The WISE Accelerator group will match each chosen effort with coaches chosen from a SMART neighborhood of over 50,000 education stakeholders. These coaches will encourage, guide and support the efforts in their development. Typically, the coaches are CEO’s and directors of for revenue and non-profit education efforts.
- Continuous interaction and exposure: The chosen efforts gain from continuous interaction and worldwide direct exposure, in addition to from networking chances throughout the year. This happens by means of SMART media platforms and worldwide occasions.
- Program Closing: The program closing will likewise participate at a SMART worldwide occasion in order for the chosen efforts to gain from more chances for assistance, networking and worldwide exposure. In the past, the worldwide occasions participated in significant cities such as Paris, New York City or Madrid.
- Follow-up and Examination: Throughout the choice procedure and following the conclusion of the program, the WISE Accelerator group will administer studies to the shortlisted candidates in addition to chosen efforts in order to examine the development made over the year by the chosen and non-selected efforts with the objective to examine the effect of the program. The WISE Accelerator will gather info on the efforts’ development every 6 months for 2 years. At the end of 2 years from ending up the program, The WISE Accelerator group will gather info on the efforts’ development once a year. All info gathered will be anonymized and gathered with the authorization of the efforts.
- The WISE Accelerator supports ingenious edtech efforts that have a high capacity for scalability and favorable effect in education;-LRB- ***************).
- Efforts resolving education obstacles through the usage and/or style of innovation in all sectors and areas are welcome to use. Efforts in this specific field might cover a vast array of activities. From the conception of apps and digital video games to the production of online platforms or the style of brand-new curricula and pedagogies incorporating innovation;-LRB- ***************).
- All for revenue and non-profit edtech efforts that are utilizing or connecting innovation to their DNA are welcomed to use;-LRB- ***************).
- Perfect prospects for the WISE Accelerator should be existing edtech efforts at an early phase of advancement, with the following characteristics:.
- Developed for a minimum of one year;-LRB- ***************).
- A growing variety of recipients or consumers;-LRB- ***************).
- A record of activities with a services or product that has actually been carried out and beyond evidence of principle;-LRB- ***************).
- Existing profits;-LRB- ***************).
- A devoted group, with a recognized physical area or workplace;-LRB- ***************).
- Deep understanding of the market/educational context and of their recipients’ or consumers’ requirements;-LRB- ***************).
- Inspiration to establish more;-LRB- ***************).
- Comprehending of the effort’s present obstacles.
Applications will be examined according to the following requirements:
- The Group: The SMART group will evaluate the group’s capability to perform and provide on their vision
- The Service: The SMART group will evaluate how well the service established by the effort attends to the issue that the effort intends to fix
- The Development: The SMART group will evaluate how ingenious is the service established by the effort due to options established worldwide in the edtech sector
- The academic effect: The SMART group will evaluate the academic effect that the effort might have as it scales up
- The Marketplace: The SMART group will think about the capacity of the edtech market where the effort runs
To learn more, go to WISE Accelerator