Deadline: April 2, 2021
Applications are open for the World Literacy Foundation (WLF) Ambassador Program 2021. The WLF Ambassador Program aims to bring together individuals from all over the world to be a local voice and fundraise for literacy in their schools, universities, communities or social groups.
Throughout the 4-month program, Ambassadors will be trained to develop their leadership and advocacy skills. Participants will also learn about literacy as a human right and support the WLF’s literacy project in Colombia.
The World Literacy Foundation is looking for passionate and determined individuals to:
- Be a voice in their community to advocate for literacy. Ambassadors will speak at their school, university, media or community group to raise awareness.
- Support the education of vulnerable children around the world. Ambassador will raise funds to support one of the literacy programs of the World Literacy Foundation.
- Develop their leadership and advocacy skills. Ambassador will receive online training to learn how to get others involved in their cause and make a greater impact to help eradicate illiteracy in the world.
- Take on a volunteer role within a global organization to advocate for literacy;
- Gain leadership, communication, fundraising, and PR skills;
- Make a positive impact on the education of disadvantaged children;
- Join a network of individuals that are motivated to eradicate illiteracy;
- Have your voice heard through WLF website, social media and mainstream media.
- Applicant should be 16-year-old or older;
- Have a deep passion for literacy, human rights and social causes;
- Be a native English speaker or having an advanced level in English;
- Have access to a computer and internet connection;
- Have the availability to contribute 30 hours of service across the 5 months to complete the program;
- Leadership and public speaking skills preferred but not essential.
You need to make a 30-second video introducing yourself and telling them why you want to become a WLF Ambassador. Submit your video by April 2, 2021. You will receive the outcome of your application by April 26, 2021.
For more information, visit WLF Ambassador Program.