Deadline: July 24, 2021
Applications are open for the World Nature Conservation Day 2021 Essay Competition. Young people are invited to submit an essay on the theme Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet.
The essay competition is organised by the Green Institute. The Green Institute deploys education and resources to empower people, drive innovation, and build resilient communities. They are the first Nigerian research institution that subsidizes college tuition costs through a waste management program while training leaders that will systematically transform attitudes about environmentalism in Africa’s most populated and polluted country.
Winners will receive:
- The Competition is open to youths between the ages of 17-30 years
- Only one paper per participant. However, Collaborator papers of up to two persons are also welcome.
- Previously published essays are not allowed. Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Any form of plagiarism will result in the disqualification of the essay.
- The essay shall be no longer than 2000 words, references included. There is no down limit, although papers shorter than 1500 words are not encouraged.
- Typed on an A4 size electronic page
- Font size shall be 12 points Time News Roman
- 1.5 interlinear space
- Cover of the written submissions
- It should include the name of the Participant, Address, E-mail ID, Contact Number, Name of the College/University with address and email ID.
- The title of the document shall be super-scribed on the external cover.
- List of References and List of Abbreviations shall also be submitted along with the written submissions.
The Written submissions have to be sent, latest by July 24 2021, in electronic format to [email protected]
For more information, visit WCD Essay Competition.