Due Date: August 11, 2019
Young Ocean Leaders Desired! The World Oceans Day is now accepting applications to sign up with the
# WorldOceansDay Youth Advisory Council! The Council is looking for 10 young ocean leaders from around the globe to bring the Council to a grand overall of 25 members! Use to end up being a Youth Advisory Council member.
The World Oceans Day Youth Advisory Council (Council) was produced in 2016 to establish World Oceans Day into a special method to link and join youth around the globe for a much better future with a much healthier ocean that sustains all of us, no matter where we live. To do so, the Council utilizes World Oceans Day to rally the world on and around 8 June and supplies chances for ongoing engagement and action year-round.
The Council works carefully with The Ocean Job and its worldwide partner network to assist form the advancement of World Oceans Day as it grows– broadening its reach and effect by supplying brand-new and distinct viewpoints, concepts, and suggestions for ingenious and efficient engagement with youth and others from all sectors associated with commemorating World Oceans Day.
- Council members are ages 16-22
- The Council represents a broad and varied network of 25 young leaders
- An optimum of 2 members per nation are accepted
- Council members serve for 2 successive World Oceans Days
- Council members are put in among 5 groups based upon their area throughout their 2-year term
- Upon conclusion of their term on the Council, members are motivated to end up being World Oceans Day Ambassadors through the Council alumni network
- World Oceans Day Ambassadors will continue to assist grow the reach and effect of World Oceans Day and likewise work as coaches for existing Council members
- Establish a minimum of one considerable World Oceans Day occasion in their neighborhood, and preferably work together with other youth to establish several occasions
- Share World Oceans Day social networks posts and establish a minimum of one article each year
- Assist with equating World Oceans Day-related products
- Advance World Oceans Day through their own individual networks and connections
- Link with the wider World Oceans Day network to engage individuals in all sectors
- Represent the Council at occasions, conferences, and crucial conferences throughout the year
- Members must anticipate to invest approximately around 10 hours each month on Council activities, consisting of routinely arranged Zoom video calls, with somewhat more time invested throughout January– June
- Candidates must be in between the ages of 16 and 22
- Candidates need to have the ability to make a two-year dedication– consisting of around 10 hours each month to Council activities
- Candidates need to want ocean preservation!
Use to sign up with the World Oceans Day Youth Advisory Council!
For more details, go to World Oceans Day