Due Date: February 15, 2019
Applications are open for the World Press Institute Fellowship Program 2019 The Fellowship is a chance to access to, take part in and observe the function, obligation and effect of a totally free press firsthand in among the world’s biggest, most varied democracies.
Through an immersive program, you will discover how the U.S. starting concepts of a totally free press and journalistic finest practices assist cultivate openness and responsibility of federal government organizations, companies and companies, consisting of the most effective ones. In a directed trip throughout the nation– consisting of Chicago, New york city City, Miami, Austin (Texas), San Francisco, and more– you will consult with and interview topic specialists in media outlets, believe tanks and advocacy companies. You will hear direct accounts of brand-new service designs being checked and executed amongst nationwide and regional media outlets.
You will find out about U.S. history and present affairs, in addition to difficulties the U.S. media deals with, while experiencing and reporting on social, financial and political concerns. You likewise will engage with individuals from a range of strolls of life and get some leisure time along the method to check out by yourself.
WPI covers the expense for the following program expenditures:
- Roundtrip airline tickets to the United States and take a trip within the United States associated to the WPI program.
- Fellows get a modest day-to-day allowance to acquire food.
- Fellows are accountable for individual expenditures, such as phone, electronic camera, postage and clothes.
- Candidates should have at least 5 years of full-time work in print, broadcast or online journalism, consisting of:
- News or editorial departments of papers, wire services, radio, tv, sites or online publications.
- Photojournalists, editorial cartoonists, writers and broadcast manufacturers.
- Those who monitor reporters are qualified if they likewise have at least 5 years as a working reporter.
- Any journalism-related work finished as a college student does not count towards experience. Those who operate in public relations or at companies whose main service is not the media are not qualified.
- Needs to be presently utilized as a non-U.S. reporter working beyond the United States.
- Fluency in both composed and spoken English.
- Prospective for management.
To learn more, see WPI