Due Date: January 8, 2019.
Entries are open for the World Press Picture Digital Storytelling Contest2019 Digital innovations have actually changed how we produce and take in stories. The World Press Picture Digital Storytelling Contest rewards those producing the very best kinds of visual journalism allowed by these modifications.
2019 Digital Storytelling Contest classifications
- Interactive: An interactive visual story or task in a kind aside from video, which through its style produces an immersive and/or ingenious experience for the user. It should consist of photography and/or movie in mix with (however not restricted to) animation, graphics, illustrations, noise or text.
- Long: A single direct story, or series of direct stories, on a single subject, produced as a video for the web, and lasting no longer than 30 minutes in overall. The production( s) need to consist of photography and/or movie in mix with (however not restricted to) animation, graphics, illustrations, noise or text.
- Brief: A single direct story, produced as a video for the web, lasting no longer than 10 minutes. The production should consist of photography and/or movie in mix with (however not restricted to) animation, graphics, illustrations, noise or text.
- All 3 candidates in each of the 3 classifications are welcomed to the World Press Picture Celebration in Amsterdam.
- An agent from each of the chosen productions will have their travel and accommodations spent for by the World Press Picture Structure.
- The candidates in each classification will get a diploma and a Golden Eye Award, provided throughout the yearly Awards Program.
- The contest is open to digital writers, visual reporters, manufacturers, and entry planners, with submissions that consist of the work of an expert visual reporter.
- Every visual reporter need to supply legitimate evidence of present expert status. Examples of files that count as evidence consist of, however are not restricted to:.
- letter of recommendation from an image company, picture editor, media company, publication, production business;-LRB- ************).
- subscription file from an acknowledged press, photography or movie association, which represents expert members;-LRB- ************).
- Evidence of publication of (audio) visual product from 2018 or 2017, with your name noticeable as credit in either online or print format from an acknowledged media company or publication;-LRB- ************).
- journalism union subscription card;-LRB- ************).
- press card
- The visual reporter( s) need to be the author( s) of the product sent in his/her/their name.
- The visual reporter( s), or the representative or representative entering upon their behalf, need to be the copyright holder( s) or have actually been licensed by the copyright holder( s) to send the product.
- Representatives or agents entering upon behalf of a production group validate, by getting in, that each member of the production group accepts all the entry guidelines.
- Entries in all classifications need to have been produced or very first released in 2018.
- All entries need to consist of the contact information of the visual reporter( s) and of the production’s contact individual.
- All entries need to consist of a title, summary and total list of the production group.
- All productions need to either have English-language audio and/or text or need to be subtitled in English.
- Entries need to be sent by means of the main contest platform. Entries sent out in other methods will not be accepted.
- Entries in all classifications need to be offered online. The URL’s for the productions went into need to be supplied when sending through the entry site.
For more details, see World Press Picture