Due Date: October 15, 2019
Applications are open for the World Press Picture West Africa Visual Journalism Fellowship 2019 This program is a 1 year fellowship for 3 emerging visual reporters and writers to add to investigative journalism in and about West Africa.
This program is for one fellow from each of Burkina Faso, Ghana and Ivory Coast, who will select stories pertinent to their neighborhoods in West Africa. These stories will exceed detailing issues and begin examining the services currently being welcomed by regional neighborhoods. The fellows will be people who currently have verifiable expert abilities, have the vision, decision, and enthusiasm for informing the stories that matter, however do not have the chance, resources, and assistance to establish their storytelling capabilities.
The goals of the fellowship are:
- Find the skill: determine 3 people who are emerging visual reporters– people currently with appealing abilities who would take advantage of taking their storytelling to the next level– from Burkina Faso, Ghana, and Ivory Coast
- Release their capacity: support the fellows in the conclusion of a long-lasting investigative task through specific mentoring and financial backing where they will examine a story of their picking pertinent to their neighborhoods in West Africa
- Establish brand-new storytelling viewpoints: foster brand-new methods to visual journalism that exceed the repeating of issues to a concentrate on the services that regional neighborhoods are currently welcoming
- Program their stories: help both with connections to regional media to make it possible for local publication, along with promoting their last jobs globally, online and through exhibits
- Broaden their network: provide the fellows individual networking chances
- Produce effect: make it possible for brand-new visual writers who go back to their neighborhoods, motivate others, and continue to inform the stories that matter to them
The fellowship will consist of:
- A production grant of EUR5000 to carry out a journalism task of their picking in their neighborhoods in West Africa
- A grant of EUR5000 to assist cover their living expenditures while they are reporting and producing their story
- Workshops on area in Ghana with chosen regional and global experts to assist prepare the fellow’s jobs and present the services focus to visual journalism
- Coaches who will separately direct the advancement, production, and post-production of the fellows’ task along with basic profession suggestions and training
- Open to emerging visual reporters who are a nationwide of Burkina Faso, Ghana, or the Ivory Coast;-LRB- **************).
- Prospects can use themselves or be chosen;-LRB- **************).
- Prospects require to show their capability as an expert level image maker and their possible as a visual reporter and writer.
Prospects need to total an application and consist of a:
- digital portfolio of visual work
To find out more, check out World Press Picture