Due Date: March 5, 2019
The World Tourist Company (UNWTO), in partnership with the Basque Culinary Center, welcomes entries for the First Global Gastronomy Tourist Start-up Competitors This is an international effort that intends to determine start-ups with the best capacity to detail the future and promote sustainable development in the tourist and gastronomy sector.
The World Tourist Company (UNWTO) is the United Nations company accountable for the promo of accountable, sustainable and generally available tourist. As the prominent worldwide company in the field of tourist, UNWTO promotes tourist as a chauffeur of financial development, inclusive advancement and ecological sustainability and uses management and assistance to the sector beforehand understanding and tourist policies worldwide.
BCC is a pioneering international scholastic organization that makes up the Professors of Gastronomic Sciences connected to Mondragon University and a Center for Development and Research study. The goal of the BCC is college, research study, development and promo of gastronomy and food and it is working to promote gastronomy as a lever for socio-economic advancement through its actions.
Awards and Advantages
- 20 picked Start-ups will be shortlisted by a panel of worldwide specialists and stakeholders from the gastronomy tourist sector (public and economic sector, academic community, and civil society)
- The 5 finalist start-ups will have a sponsored journey to pitch their concept to a panel of specialists, federal governments, market leaders and worldwide financiers who will participate in the fifth edition of the World Online Forum on Gastronomy Tourist be kept in Spain on 2-3 May 2019.
- The winning business will have the chance to create a pilot job with the Basque Culinary Center and execute it with the aid of its network.
- The winning business will have the possibility to make its mark on the worldwide phase and increase the effect of its start-up with the aid of BCC specialists with a personalized mentoring program and the possibility of taking part in business accelerator Culinary Action!
Transport and accommodations for 2 nights in San Sebastián, Spain, for 1 agent per group of the 5 finalist start-ups in order to participate in the World Online forum on Gastronomy Tourist
They are searching for start-ups with the majority of disruptive concepts concentrated on resolving genuine requirements in the tourist and gastronomy sector with an accountable method.
In specific, we are targeting start-ups that are:
- In the Early Phase or Series A Phase
- Both for-profit and non-profit
- Natural or legal individuals
- Startups with a minimum feasible item (MVP)
- Startups with capacity for scalability
- Startups with a sustainable vision
Prospective effect and scalability: They are searching for start-ups with a sound company design that has the capacity for scalability in another environment/market/region making it possible to increase and grow its social, technological and financial effect.
At first verified or evaluated company design: They are searching for start-ups in development or seed phases that have actually evaluated their concept and have an Minimum Viable Item (MVP) evaluated in a genuine market.
Appropriate and dedicated group: They are searching for start-ups that have an entrepreneurial group matched to the requirements and attributes of the job, with high inspiration, interest and dedication to its advancement.
Collaboration Preparedness: They are searching for start-ups that have experience in the co-development of products/services and interest in accessing cooperations with partners in the sector.
Sustainability in the worth proposal: They are searching for start-ups that incorporate sustainability into business design of the job, taking unique care of the relationship in between culture, heritage, gastronomy, tourist and financial development.
Technological or digital part: They are searching for start-ups in which a technological or digital part is embedded in business design.
To find out more, check out UNWTO