Due Date: April 15, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the World Trade Company (WTO) Young Specialist Program 2020 The WTO Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a special chance for certified young specialists from qualified establishing and least-developed nation (LDC) WTO Members, to improve their understanding and abilities on WTO and global trade concerns.
The Program intends to expand the swimming pool of specialists from these nations who can later on be more competitive with regard to recruitment in the WTO and/or other local and global companies. The picked Young Specialist will be positioned in a particular Department of the WTO Secretariat in accordance with the requirements and top priorities of the Company; and based upon the determined locations of interest of the Young Specialist. Each Young Specialist might reveal interest in not more than 3 locations of WTO work; and in order of choice.
Locations of Work
The locations of work might consist of, inter alia, the following (in alphabetical order):
- Council and Trade Settlements
- Conflict Settlement
- Economic Research Study and Stats
- Federal Government Procurement
- Copyright Rights
- Market Gain access to (tariffs and non-tariff barriers)
- Media and External Relations
- Hygienic and Phytosanitary procedures
- Technical Barriers to Trade
- Trade and Advancement
- Trade and Environment
- Trade Assistance
- Sell Solutions and Financial Investment
- Trade Policy Analysis
- Trade-Related Technical Help.
- Trade Treatments (anti-dumping and countervailing responsibilities)
- Picked candidates will get CHF 3,500 month-to-month wage
- Candidate must have an innovative university degree in law economics, or other global trade-related topics pertinent to the work of the WTO;-LRB- **************).
- Minimum 2 (2) years of expert experience pertinent to the work of the WTO;-LRB- **************).
- Fluency in English. A great working understanding either French or Spanish would be a benefit.
- Other understanding and abilities:.
- Basic understanding of the work of the WTO.
- Great preparing abilities in English. Capability to draft in French and/or Spanish would be a benefit.
- Capability to work separately and in a group.
- Showed strong interest in global trade and the multilateral trading system.
- Dedication and enthusiasm for trade or WTO-related work.
Choice will be offered to nationals from WTO Members with no representation at the expert level in the Secretariat; and have actually not taken part in previous accomplices of the YPP. The list of such WTO Members as at 1 March 2019 is set out listed below:
Albania, Angola, Kingdom of Bahrain, Belize, Brunei Darussalam, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Congo, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Israel, the State of Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic, Individuals’s Democratic Republic of Lao, Lesotho, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Niger, North Macedonia, Qatar, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Tonga, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Yemen
Candidates need to send applications through the e-recruitment system in addition to cover letter of inspiration. Directions to include the cover letter is as follows: Once the application for the Young Professionals Program has actually been sent, your application will be shown under the “My Applications” tab. Candidates must click the button “Include” for the particular job under the “Covering letter” column. Cover letters included other areas of the candidate profile such as “Extra Info” or “Extra Files”.
For more details, see WTO