Due Date: March 1, 2020
Applications for the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Russell E. Train Fellowships 2020 are now open. The Russell E. Train Fellowships support people pursuing a master’s or postgraduate degree in preservation.
Each year, WWF supports dedicated conservationists from target nations to get financial backing for their research studies and field research study. Candidates can use to go to any university all over the world and need to go back to their house nations to operate in preservation for a minimum of 2 years after finishing their degree.
2020 Train Fellowship Competitions
- Structure Capability in the Galápagos: To develop regional capability in the Galápagos, EFN in collaboration with Star Cruises, is providing fellowships to female conservationists to allow them to pursue graduate-level research study (master’s and PhD) with the objective of advancing marine preservation in the Galápagos Islands. Please note: this fellowship chance is open to females just. Qualified nations: You need to be a person of Ecuador. Choice is provided to legal long-term homeowners of the Galápagos.
- Current & Aspiring University Professors for Preservation: EFN is offering fellowships to support existing and ambitious university professors that are connected with or presently used at African, Asian and Latin American universities to pursue postgraduate degrees in conservation-related fields. After finishing a degree, the private need to boost, broaden, or develop a graduate-level preservation program at a university in their house nation. Select nations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. For a complete list of qualified nations please evaluation application standards.
- You need to be a person and legal long-term local of a qualified nation
- You need to have at least 2 years of conservation-related work or research study experience
- You need to have a shown dedication to operating in preservation in a qualified nation
- Your research study or scholastic program need to deal with among the focus locations noted in the standards
- You need to be registered in, confessed to, or have actually used to a master’s or PhD program throughout the world
- You need to prepare to start your research studies no behind January 2021
- You need to devote to working for a minimum of 2 years in your house nation after the conclusion of your degree
- You need to not have actually gotten a Train Fellowship or Scholarship in the past. Specialist Advancement Grant receivers are qualified to use
- You need to alert EFN if you are a WWF staff member, expert, or previous EFN grant recipient
- You need to send all needed files by the application due date (March 1, 2020)
Train Fellows are picked through a competitive, merit-based procedure. An independent, interdisciplinary panel of professionals is assembled in each nation to evaluate applications and to recognize the leading prospects based upon the following requirements:
- Expert credentials as evidenced by previous and existing conservation-related positions, referrals from coworkers in the field, publications, and other sources
- Demonstrated management through participation in neighborhood and volunteer activities, the work environment, regional and nationwide federal government, and other locations
- Previous scholastic accomplishment as revealed by grades, scholastic awards, and referrals from teachers
- Inspiration and dedication to add to preservation in a taking part nation and to share what is discovered with others in their field and in their house neighborhoods
- Possible effect of proposed study/research on preservation efforts in the house nation or area