Application Due Date: 06 February 2019 at 11: 59 pm EST
The Yale Young African Scholars Program (YYAS) is an extensive scholastic and enrichment program developed for African secondary school trainees preparing to pursue tertiary education and who want to make significant effect as young leaders on the continent.
Individuals will boost their scholastic abilities, get university admission and financial assistance application assistance, and sign up with a network of young leaders from throughout Africa. Following the program, trainees will be coupled with coaches who will assist encourage them throughout the university application procedure. There is no tuition expense to trainees to take part in YYAS.
YYAS 2019 will be kept in 3 areas:
Ghana | 25 July– 01 August
Kenya | 07 August– 14 August
Zimbabwe |18 August– 25 August
- YYAS accepts applications from existing secondary school (i.e. high school) trainees in Africa, usually in between the ages of 15 and18 All candidates should be people or long-term citizens of an African nation AND presently be participating in a school in Africa.
- Trainees who will finish secondary school prior to November/December 2019, or who have actually currently finished secondary school, are NOT qualified to use. YYAS will likewise decline applications from trainees who are more youthful than 14 years of age by the application due date
A common YYAS individual has:
- Outstanding scholastic records
- Demonstrated management capacity
- Strong composed and spoken interaction abilities
- A desire and capability to work cooperatively with peers
- Determination and decision when dealing with difficulties
- High requirements of individual and expert conduct
- The capability to check out, evaluate, and review big amounts of challenging product in English
- Shown maturity and interest in participating in conversations about intellectual, ethical, and political problems in Africa
Please keep in mind that YYAS is a university gain access to program that offers choice to high-achieving, low-income (HALI) trainees who do not have university assistance in their schools or neighborhoods.
- Finished application — The application can be discovered online and needs to be completed by the candidate. Trainees will be asked to finish one 500- word essay and 2 brief reactions, and should supply info on their after-school activities and the school that they presently participate in. Please make certain to make a note of the e-mail and password you utilize to develop your account so you might log back in.
You might sneak peek the application here
- Main records or grade report( s)— A trainee records is a main file offered by the school and consists of the candidate’s list naturally and grades got. Trainees should publish their authorities records or grade report( s) for each year of secondary school. National examination ratings, if offered, ought to likewise be sent however are not needed. If a trainee has actually altered secondary schools at any point, they should consist of records both from their previous AND their existing school. Please avoid publishing certificates or records from main school.
- One instructor suggestion — The suggestion needs to be composed and sent by an instructor who understands the trainee well. They might do so through a link that will be offered by the candidate on the online website. Additionally, the instructor might email a recommendation letter in PDF (. pdf) format to firstname.lastname@example.org and our personnel will publish it to the trainee’s application. Suggestions from parents/guardians, brother or sisters, family members, household buddies, and/or paid personal tutors/counselors will NOT be accepted.
If you have any particular concerns about your eligibility, please e-mail email@example.com
For Additional Information: