Due Date: February 6, 2019
The Yale Young African Scholars Program 2019 is now open for applications. The Yale Young African Scholars Program (YYAS) is an extensive scholastic and enrichment program created for African secondary school trainees preparing to pursue tertiary education and who want to make significant effect as young leaders on the continent. YYAS is a main program of Yale University.
Individuals will improve their scholastic abilities, get university admission and financial assistance application assistance, and sign up with a network of young leaders from throughout Africa. Following the program, trainees will be coupled with coaches who will assist recommend them throughout the university application procedure. There is no tuition expense to trainees to take part in YYAS.
YYAS 2019 will be kept in 3 places:
- Ghana | 25 July– 01 August
- Kenya | 07 August– 14 August
- Zimbabwe |18 August– 25 August
Secondary trainees from ALL African nations are qualified and urged to use!
- YYAS accepts applications from present secondary school (i.e. high school) trainees in Africa, generally in between the ages of 15 and 18.
- All candidates should be residents or irreversible citizens of an African nation AND presently be participating in a school in Africa.
- Trainees who will finish secondary school prior to November/December 2019, or who have actually currently finished secondary school, are NOT qualified to use.
- YYAS will likewise decline applications from trainees who are more youthful than 14 years of age by the application due date.
- YYAS evaluates all applications holistically, and there are no minimum grade or standardized test rating requirements. Nevertheless, a high level of English efficiency will be anticipated.
- Alumni who have actually gone to YYAS or YYGS formerly are not qualified to reapply.
If you have any particular concerns about your eligibility, please e-mail [email protected]
- Finished application — The application should be completed by the candidate. Trainees will be asked to finish one 500- word essay and 2 brief reactions, and should offer details on their after-school activities and the school that they presently go to. Please make certain to make a note of the e-mail and password you utilize to develop your account so you might log back in.
- Main records or grade report( s) — A trainee records is a main file supplied by the school and consists of the candidate’s list obviously and grades got. Trainees should publish their authorities records or grade report( s) for each year of secondary school. National test ratings, if readily available, ought to likewise be sent however are not needed. If a trainee has actually altered secondary schools at any point, they should consist of records both from their previous AND their present school. Please avoid submitting certificates or records from main school.
- One instructor suggestion — The suggestion should be composed and sent by an instructor who understands the trainee well. They might do so through a link that will be supplied by the candidate on the online website. Additionally, the instructor might email a recommendation letter in PDF (. pdf) format to [email protected] and our personnel will publish it to the trainee’s application. Suggestions from parents/guardians, brother or sisters, family members, household pals, and/or paid personal tutors/counselors will NOT be accepted.
They put excellent value on these suggestions due to the fact that we comprehend that trainees originated from a wide range of backgrounds and education contexts. They value instructors putting in the time to compose suggestions for their trainee( s). To make sure genuineness, we ask that instructors please avoid sharing their suggestions with trainees.
You should click the Submit button on the last page for your application to be thought about.
For more details, go to Yale Young African Scholars Program