Due Date: January 18, 2019
Do you enjoy investigating, reporting, and composing? Do you care deeply about the state of our world and wish to put your abilities to work reporting on progressive services for social modification? If you are looking for a profession in journalism and are enthusiastic about social justice, then obtain the Yes! Publication Solutions Journalism Reporting Internship 2019
This is an extensive, immersive six-month internship and needs a three-day each week dedication (24 hours amount to). Interns are anticipated to operate in their Seattle workplace Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
YES! is an acclaimed, nationwide, not-for-profit media company. Their editorial objective is to support social modification by examining and describing services that deal with core issues at the crossways of social, financial, racial, and ecological justice. YES! developed this internship to support emerging reporters from neighborhoods of color and to increase the variety of voices and viewpoints in services reporting and the journalism market.
- YES! uses a $1,000/ month stipend, along with a regional transit pass.
- Many effective candidates have a B.A. in journalism or an associated field;-LRB- ***************).
- Many effective candidates likewise have experience blogging about or can reveal fluency in the subjects Yes! Publication covers, consisting of environment justice, financial inequality, racial justice, democratic reform.
- Other qualities consist of:.
- Strong research study, reporting, and composing abilities and attention to information and precision
- Previous experience in journalism a plus
- Exceptional self-starter with the capability to work successfully separately
- Exceptional interaction abilities for a group environment.
To use, send out a resume, cover letter, 2 composing samples, and contact info for 2 referrals to [email protected] with “reporting internship” in the subject field.
Your cover letter need to include your name, address, the neighborhood of color you represent, and the following:
- Inform them who you are, why you have an interest in signing up with YES!, and why variety is very important in services journalism. Approximately 300 words.
- Pitch 2 post concepts. One pitch needs to be for a brief, reported piece off of existing occasions and the other for a more considerable function. Each pitch needs to be 50 to 100 words.
- In a couple of sentences, inform them about your preferred media sites and publications and who you believe is doing excellent journalism– and why.
For more details, check out Yes! Internship