Due Date: September 30, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Young Leaders of the Americas Effort (YLAI) Expert Fellows Program 2019 The Young Leaders of the Americas Effort (YLAI) empowers business owners to reinforce their capability to introduce and advance their entrepreneurial concepts and successfully add to social and financial advancement in their neighborhoods.
Because the effort’s launch in 2015, more than 750 YLAI Expert Fellows from Latin America and the Caribbean have actually broadened their management and entrepreneurial experience through fellowships at services and companies throughout the United States. Through the YLAI Entrepreneurship Institute and the customized Fellowships, YLAI Fellows have actually accelerated their industrial and social endeavors’ success and established particular action strategies to perform upon go back to their house nations. YLAI Fellows constructed networks, linkages, and enduring collaborations to draw in financial investments and assistance for their entrepreneurial endeavors.
Program elements have actually consisted of:
- Four-week Fellowship: In cities throughout the United States, YLAI Specialist Fellows get important expert advancement abilities and experience at U.S. entrepreneurial companies from each Fellow’s company sector. Fellows will team up with their fellowship host on their Entrepreneurial Management Action Strategy (E-LAP), which the Fellows will execute upon go back to their house nations.
- YLAI Entrepreneurial Management Curriculum: The YLAI Specialist Fellows Program consists of online and in-person coursework, established by IREX and Arizona State University (ASU), that integrates technical entrepreneurship training and management advancement. Utilizing the E-LAP, Fellows will sent out and accomplish their entrepreneurial management objectives.
- U.S. Orientation and YLAI Closing Online Forum in the United States: YLAI Fellows take part in the U.S. Orientation in Tempe, Arizona and YLAI Closing Online Forum in Washington, D.C., along with networking occasions with company and social entrepreneurial leaders, and U.S. federal government agents.
- Post-Fellowship Continual Engagement: After effective conclusion of the U.S. Fellowship and YLAI Entrepreneurship Institute, YLAI Specialist Fellows continue their partnership with U.S. partners and have access to continuous expert advancement chances, mentorships, networking, and alumni activities. YLAI Fellows will have the opportunity to invite a Fellowship host to their nation through the Outbound Program, sharing their competence on the entrepreneurship environment in their nation.
There is no cost to use to end up being a YLAI Fellow. The U.S. Federal government will cover all YLAI Specialist Fellows Program expenses. Monetary arrangements offered by the U.S. Federal government will consist of:
- J-1 visa assistance. No visa assistance will be used to dependents, as this is an unaccompanied program
- Round-trip travel from individual’s house city to the United States and domestic U.S. travel, as needed by the program
- YLAI Entrepreneurial Management Curriculum coursework and mentoring
- U.S. Orientation in Tempe, Arizona and YLAI Closing Online Forum in Washington, D.C.
- Four-week expert positioning with host company
- A minimal mishap and illness advantage strategy
- Real estate and meal stipend throughout the program
Prospects will be thought about without regard to race, color, faith, sex, gender, sexuality, nationwide origin, special needs or any other secured particular as developed by U.S. law. Candidates with specials needs are qualified and urged to get the YLAI Specialist Fellows Program.
The YLAI Specialist Fellows Program is open to young business owners who satisfy the following requirements:
- Are in between the ages of 25 and 35 at the Fellowship start date.
- Are a citizen and person of among the taking part nations: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Maarten, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela.
In the particular cases of residency in Aruba, Curacao and St. Maarten, citizenship in the Netherlands is accepted
- Are qualified to get a U.S. J-1 visa.
- Have actually a shown performance history of effectively growing their own company or social endeavor for a minimum of 2 (2) years.
- Are not a U.S. person or long-term homeowner of the United States.
- Are not a U.S. civil servant.
- Excel in reading, composing, and speaking English.
The YLAI Specialist Fellows Program prospect choice committee will utilize the following requirements to assess applications and interviews:
- Shown expert entrepreneurial experience and understanding
- Dedication to neighborhood or civil service, mentorship, or volunteerism in your house nation and to using entrepreneurial and management abilities, experience and understanding to benefit your neighborhood and nation
- Demonstrated understanding of how your individual and expert objectives line up with program goals
- Demonstrated management, dedication to your company’s or company’s success, favorable mindset, effort, and determination
For additional information, see YLAI Specialist Fellows Program