Due Date: August 18, 2019
Applications for the Young Water Fellowship East Africa 2019 are now open. The YWF EA deals 10 young business owners from East Africa a 1 year assistance plan that consists of training, mentorship and seed financing chances to turn their water/sanitation effort into a social service.
The 10 chosen ‘Young Water Fellows’ will be welcomed to a 10- days start-up training in November in Uganda (provided by our partner cewas), they will likewise be appointed coaches, get the possibility to greatly increase their supporting networks in the water and entrepreneurship sectors, and get seed-funding to pilot their efforts.
The call is open to all youths from 13 East African nations, who are looking for to establish social services that take on water, sanitation or water management concerns in their neighborhoods.
The 10 Picked Young Water Fellows will:
- Be welcomed to take part in a totally moneyed Start-up training in Uganda: The training is provided by a partner company, cewas, a Swiss water start-up incubator that given that 2011 trains water business owners. The 10- days training will be hold November 12 th to 22 nd (note that dates are approximate, and subject to alter), and will assist Fellows enhance their service designs. It completes with the Pitching Night, an occasion where Fellows have the chance to pitch their efforts to choice makers, East African stakeholders, and financiers.
- Receive training and mentorship for a year
- Have the chance to get seed financing (as much as EUR5000 for their pilot tasks)
- Belong to the YWF Alumni neighborhood
- Be 18 to 30 years of ages at the time of the application
- Be the creator or co-founder of an effort that adds to the option of a distinct water issue in your nation. The effort ought to remain in its preliminary phases and have the capability to be developed into a social business (i.e have a long-lasting sustainability part or service design).
- Be a person and local from among these nations: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
- Have a legitimate passport and be offered to go to the workshop in Uganda the dates it will be held (November 12 th-22 nd 2019)
- All training expenses are covered by the company (flights, transport, lodging, meals), however individuals need to cover their visa expenditures and transportation expenses to the closest global airport in their nation of residency.
- Have the ability to interact in English (intermediate level at least).
The proposed effort ought to straight add to resolving a minimum of among the following concerns, in line with the Sustainable Advancement Objective # 6:
- Absence of safe drinking water system
- Absence of sufficient sanitation centers and absence of health
- Water deficiency
- Water contamination
- Strong Waste management affecting water quality
- Wastewater management
- Other water management concerns
The choice of fellows will be based upon the following requirements:
- Importance and effect of the option proposed to a shown water-related issue
- The ingenious nature of the concept and its possible to end up being a social business
- The inclusive and participatory nature of the effort: for example, females and youth engagement, factor to consider of susceptible groups’ requirements, and so on
- Effort’s addition of water nexus: relations with other regional concerns such as energy, food security, youth joblessness, gender, and so on
- Expediency and sustainability of the effort (presence of self-sufficient systems)
- Management and individual development capacity of the prospect
- Importance of the YWF for the prospect and the effort.
To use, you need to complete the online type utilizing the link listed below. We suggest that you begin preparing your application offline utilizing the Word variation that you can download here.
To learn more, go to Young Water Fellowship