Due Date: March 24, 2019
The Young Water Fellowship 2019 is now open for applications. The Young Water Fellowship program intends to empower young leaders from low and middle earnings nations to carry out efforts to deal with water, sanitation & health (WASH) problems, by using them an extensive training program, seed financing grants for their pilot task, and mentoring assistance by senior level specialists throughout one year.
Each year, this program causes 10 young neighborhood leaders efficient in effectively creating and executing sustainable and inclusise water efforts that considerably enhance living conditions in their neighborhoods, while adding to the accomplishment of SDG # 6 (water and sanitation for all).
The YWF 2019 concentrates on social entrepreneurship. Youths with social service concepts (or tasks that can be become social service) that attend to water-related problems are welcome to use.
Expense and Advantages
- All training expenses are covered by the company (flights, transport in Europe, lodging, meals), however individuals need to cover their visa expenditures and transportation expenses to the closest worldwide airport in their nation of residency.
- Start-up Training: The training is provided by a partner company, cewas, a Swiss water start-up incubator that considering that 2011 trains water business owners. The training in 2019 lasts 35 days. It begins in Willisau, Switzerland, where Cewas has its training center. After 3 weeks dealing with Fellows’ service designs, the group chooses one week to Stockholm to go to the World Water Week and begin pitching their efforts to the worldwide neighborhood. From Stockholm, we will go to Brussels, where we will invest the recently that culminates with the Pitching Night, an occasion where you will have the chance to pitch in front of 100+ financiers, policymakers, and agents of various water companies.
- Seed Financing: After the training, you will be asked to send within 2 weeks a proposition to make an application for seed financing to pilot your effort in the 6 months that follow. You will be inquired about your service design and the pilot task strategy. Young Water Solutions will coach you through it. If you satisfy the conditions (such a finishing the training, returning to your nation and sending a proposition for the exact same task you were chosen), you will be used seed financing in between EUR3000 and EUR5000 The quantity is chosen based upon your particular requirements and the readily available funds.
Mentoring: After seed financing is designated to you and you start the application stage, we will appoint you a minimum of one coach whose profile matches your requirements and can match your abilities. This coach will assist you and offer you recommendations through the pilot task.
- Do you have 5 or more years of experience in WASH/business and wish to end up being a Coach? Register here.
- Be 18 to 30 years of ages at the time of the application
- Be the creator or co-founder of an effort that adds to the option of a distinct water issue in your nation. The effort needs to remain in its preliminary phases and have the capability to be become a social business (i.e have a long-lasting sustainability part or service design).
- You are a person and local of a low or middle-income nation. See this list
- Have a legitimate passport and be readily available to go to a workshop in Europe from August 3rd to September 7 th2019 (note that these dates may be subject to alter), Exceptions can be made just in cases where the candidate can acquire a passport within 2 weeks from being chosen.
- Strategy to remain in your nation for a minimum of 1.5 years after the training and invest a minimum of 15 hours weekly to deal with your social service.
- You are not an organisation specialist. Prospects having no or fundamental service understanding will benefit the most from the material provided in the training.
- Have the ability to interact in English (intermediate level at least). Be able to comprehend and reveal viewpoints in this language (the workshop will be kept in English).
- The application procedure is online.
- Your application need to be gotten prior to midnight CET time, March 24 th,2019 Applications got after this due date, despite technical troubles, will not be thought about.
- If you reside in a location without a steady web and you are experiencing difficulties to access the application, please call us at [email protected] as much as 2 working days prior to the due date. After that, they can not ensure to respond and provide you an option in time.
- Your application consists of sending a video and your CV, along with a recommendation letter at a later phase. For additional details checked out the application standards.
- You might just send one application. Any candidate who sends several applications for the exact same task or for various tasks will be immediately disqualified. The exact same occurs if 2 various individuals use with the exact same effort.
To find out more, see Young Water Fellowship