Applications are open for the Young Water Fellowship Program – Latin America 2022. In 2022 the second edition of this program will be held, which aims to incubate 10 innovative social companies led by young entrepreneurs, which contribute to solving problems of water, sanitation, hygiene, water pollution and / or water scarcity. in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Two of these youth teams will be chosen through the e-Hackathon on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Informal Settlements, to be held in March 2022. YWS will choose the remaining 8 through this public call.
The Young Water Fellowship program offers one year of support that includes:
- Semi-face-to-face training in business applied to water and sanitation companies. It will consist of 7 online sessions on Saturday mornings (from March 26), and a week of face-to-face bootcamp in September (place and dates to be defined), with the trip paid
- Bi-monthly coaching by the Young Water Solution team ;
- Opportunity to receive seed capital (up to € 5000) for MVP and pilot project.
- Be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application
- Be a citizen and resident of a country in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Be the founder or co-founder of the business idea, and have time to develop it
- Present a business idea that solves a water, sanitation and / or hygiene problem and is in its infancy, ready to be tested
- Be able to understand and express yourself in Spanish
- Have a work team with which to develop the idea
- To be able to participate in the 7 virtual sessions on Saturday mornings from March to August, and in the face-to-face training in a Latin American country to be defined
The application form contains questions about the water/sanitation issue, the business idea as a solution, how the applicant plans to pilot (test) it, and the applicant profile. A submission of a 2-minute video of the applicant is required.