Deadline: November 2, 2021
Applications are open for the Youth Innovation Challenge to End Female Genital Mutilation 2021. The technology enabled Innovation Competition is an activity on the Strengthening Youth Advocacies to End Female Genital Mutilation across Africa project.
It seeks to tap into the creativity and innovation of young people on the continent to mobilize for change on ending female genital mutilation. The tech enabled innovation competition will be launched to harness the creativity of young people in finding solutions to the intersection of female genital mutilation and gender based violence.
The project is implemented by YouthHubAfrica in partnership with African Youth Commission with support from the UNFPA/UNICEF joint programme to Eliminate Female Genital Mutilation.
- 1st Prize: $10,000 USD
- 2nd Prize: $5,000 USD
- 3rd Prize: $3,000 USD
- Consolation Prizes: $1,750 USD for four runners up
- Participants in the competition must be between the ages 18-35.
- The competition is open to young people across Africa.
- Both existing and new innovations are eligible.
- Proposed technology enabled solutions must target both FGM and GBV and have strategies to eliminate them.
- Entries from both individuals and groups of not more than 2 are eligible.
- Young women and girls as well as persons living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to enter the competition.
Complete the form and submit by November 2, 2021. After the close of entries, there would be a period of between 4 weeks when Judges would review entries, provide feedback and announce winners.
For more information, visit Youth Innovation Challenge.