Due Date: September 18, 2019
Applications are open for the Youth Supporters for Mentoring (YAM) Program2019 Through the Youth Supporters for Mentoring (YAM) program COACH will train 12 young leaders on advocacy, policy, and grassroots arranging abilities in order to produce favorable modification in their neighborhoods and country.
COACH thinks that youths should be at the leading edge of resolving systemic concerns which this extensive training program will offer youths the reality abilities they require to interact with chosen authorities, address concerns in their neighborhoods, empower their peers into action and supporter for the power of mentoring.
- Take Part In a 10- month program including a mix of in-person convenings and virtual trainings.
- In-person convenings consist of journeys to Washington, D.C. in October 2019 and July 2020 (Travel, hotel lodgings, transport, and meals offered by COACH)
- Monthly individuals will take part in a virtual training
- A $1,000 stipend for effectively taking part in the program
- Access to advocacy experts who will function as coaches throughout a regular monthly check-in
- Collective knowing and management chances
- Candidates should live in the following states: Alabama, California, Illinois, Kentucky, New york city, or Virginia
- Candidates should be in between the ages of 16 and 24 years of ages when they request the program (Candidates should be 16 when the program begins in October2019 Candidates who will turn 25 years of ages throughout the program’s run are welcome to use also.)
- Applicants listed below 18 years of age, should have a parent/guardian validate their application and involvement in the program and one parent/guardian or one parent/guardian authorized adult should participate in both occasions in Washington, D.C. (Travel, hotel lodgings, and transport attended to one parent/guardian or one parent/guardian authorized adult by COACH)
- Candidates should be presently taking part in a mentoring program, took part in a mentoring program in the previous or have actually experienced a significant casual coach or good example (instructor, coach, member of the family, faith leader, and so on)
- Should have a letter of assistance from a non-family member concerning their relationship to candidate, candidate’s credentials, particular successes, and why taking part in this program may assist the candidate achieve their objectives.
Applications will be examined utilizing the following requirements:
- Enthusiasm for mentoring: Mentoring relationships, mentoring programs and youth empowerment
- Passion to discover: Candidate aspires to discover and construct their advocacy, policy, individual, and expert abilities.
- Going To Address Advocacy and Policy Issues: Candidate aspires to comprehend the political procedure and how people and companies can make favorable influence on chosen authorities and systemic concerns
- Management: Candidate has an interest in ending up being or is presently a leader in their neighborhood, school, work environment or other areas.
For more details, see YAM Program