Deadline: January 22, 2021
Applications are open for the YSA/Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation Youth Grants Program 2021. Youth Service America (YSA) and Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation are looking for the best ideas from young people about how they can help meet immediate needs caused by the coronavirus pandemic and/or help prevent childhood hunger in the future.
1 in 6 people (more than 50 million people), including 1 in 4 children (approximately 17 million children) in the United States are experiencing food insecurity in 2020. This is a problem that can be solved, and kids are a part of the solution!
- Fundraising project grantees will receive $100 grants for fundraising-related costs and a $400 matching grant to a local hunger relief organization of your choice in addition to the funds you raise.
- Open to youth-led community service or fundraising projects designed to address childhood hunger.
- Projects may take place in schools, colleges/universities, afterschool programs, youth organizations, nonprofits, or faith-based organizations.
- Projects that engage at least 25 young people ages 5-25 as volunteers between March 1 – May 31, 2021, with some activity on Global Youth Service Day – April 23-25, preferred. (While they will be flexible this year due to COVID-19 restrictions, projects with higher numbers of volunteers are more likely to be funded.)
- Projects that engage youth not typically asked to serve (youth with disabilities, youth that are struggling in school, youth from low-income or underserved communities, etc.)
- They are especially interested in projects that bring together young people, families, Sodexo employees, and other community members.
- They are also especially interested in funding projects that introduce long-term solutions to childhood hunger.
- Applicants must live in the United States and activities must benefit families & children in the United States.
- Grant funds may not be used to purchase food or meals to donate.
Applications are due on Friday, January 22, 2021 at 11:59pm your local time.
For more information, visit YSA/Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation.