Deadline: December 20, 2020
Applications are open for the ZMT DAAD Doctoral Scholarship 2021/2022. The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT) advertises two doctoral scholarships starting in Fall 2021. Additionally, two further doctoral scholarship can be granted starting in 2022.
The scholarships are related to the interdisciplinary research topic “Adaptation of marine socio-ecological systems to changing environments”. The ecosystems along the densely populated coasts of the tropical belt are particularly affected by severe global, regional and local environmental changes. Possibilities and consequences of the adaptation of biological and social systems to these progressive changes are to be investigated through different, mutually complementary research approaches. This topic is open for different disciplinary approaches and interdisciplinary cooperation.
The scholarship includes:
- A scholarship installment of currently €1,200 per month;
- Travel allowance;
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover;
- A research allowance of currently € 460 per year;
- A preparatory intensive German language course starting in Summer 2021;
- Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive monthly allowance for accompanying family members (about €200 child allowance per child and about €275 marriage allowance);
- Research Stays abroad are possible if they do not take longer than 25% of the scholarship period.
- Applicants need to originate from Sub-Sahara Africa.
- They need to hold a university degree (international degrees must be equivalent to German “Diplom”, “Magister” or “Master”).
- The last final exam (Master’s degree or equivalent) must have taken place no longer than six years ago.
- At the time when DAAD receives the nomination letter (March 2021), applicants must not have resided in Germany for more than 15 months prior to the nomination.
- ZMT strives to increase the proportion of women in research and encourages females to apply for these positions.
For more information, visit ZMT DAAD Doctoral Scholarship.