Due Date: November 18, 2018
Are you a young African filmmaker trying to find a global training platform to establish your brand-new documentary job? Obtain the DOK.network Africa Residency Program 2019
DOK.fest München together with the Department of Arts and Culture of the City of Munich and the University of Tv and Movie Munich (HFF) uses a Residency Program accompanied by training in story and treatment advancement, funding and pitching.
The DOK.network Africa residency is focused on supporting emerging filmmakers from African nations to establish their feature-length narrative documentary jobs at the global level. The residency consists of 2 program durations: first duration: January 7 to February 28, 2019/ second duration: April 1 to Might 30,2019 The month of March is prepared for additional research study and recording in the particular house nation.
Block 1: Close connection to the movie academy program, cultural exchange & trip
Throughout the very first training block, the scholarship holders will even more establish their products in close connection with the curriculum of the University of Tv and Movie Munich (HFF). The program consists of workshops and mentoring in the following locations:
- Story and treatment advancement
- Budgeting and funding
- Pitch training
This stage likewise consists of cultural exchange occasions in Munich along with an adventure to the Berlinale.
Block 2: Pitching at DOK.fest 2019
Throughout the 2nd stay, the locals will have the chance to pitch their jobs at the market platform of DOK.fest München, the DOK.forum Market (May 9-12, 2019). This duration consists of the following actions:
- Pitch training
- Pitch production
At picked roundtables, all taking part filmmakers will be welcomed to talk about and additional establish their jobs with manufacturers, commissioning editors, suppliers and sales representatives particularly thinking about African material. The goal is to help with brand-new co-productions through targeted matchmaking. The locals will get complete accreditation for the 34 th DOK.fest München from May 8-19,2019 The month of March is prepared for additional research study and recording in the particular house nation.
- They use 2 scholarships consisting of travel expenses to and from Munich, a mentoring and training program, regular monthly allowances and lodging in the International Artist Home Vacation Home Waldberta of the City of Munich.
Open to filmmakers (directors/authors) who
- Are more youthful than 35 years of ages
- Hold the citizenship of a sub-Saharan African nation and mainly live and operate in Africa.
- Currently deal with a feature-length documentary (minimum 52 minutes.) which is expected to be shot and produced in an African nation
- Are proficient in the English language, in both its composed and spoken type
In order to look for the Residency Program please send out the following 2 PDF files in English to: [email protected]
- 1st PDF: Please fill out the application totally (please just modify the downloaded variation). Please place your very first and 2nd name in the title of the PDF file: LastName_FirstName _ OnlineForm_DNA _2019)
second PDF: Please likewise send us your job summary as one single PDF file (max. 2 MB), covering the following elements:.
- Task title
- Run-through (max. 4,00 0 characters)
- Movie length (please note that we just accept jobs for function length documentary starting from 52 minutes.)
- Visual idea (what is your desired technique and which cinematic methods are you going to utilize? E.g. Observational/ interview/ essay movie and so on/ Informed with e.g. archive product/ fictionalised components/ animation and so on)
- Director’s declaration (why do you wish to do this movie? Max. 2,00 0 characters), Budget strategy and funding technique
Please place your very first and 2nd name along with the job title in the title of the PDF file: LastName_FirstName_ProjectTitle _ DNA _2019)
To find out more, check out DOK.network Africa Residency